cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping Program and International Priority Shipping

Hello everybody,

I've bought an item that a seller sold through eBay's Global Shipping Program. I know that this means that no additional import taxes will be charged on delivery, and that the item is sent by International Priority Shipping. And I suppose it's more convenient for the seller.

I really don't know what's the minimum price to have to pay import taxes, or if there's such a minimum. Some times I've been asked to pay them, some times I haven't. But that's no problem for me. I pay, and that's all there is to it. Knowing that I won't have to pay on arrival because taxes are paid beforehand doesn't contribute to my peace of mind, since it's money that will come out of my bank accouny anyway.

The problem comes from the International Priority Shipping. The item I've bought cost $9.99, and shipping cost $20.69. I do know that USPS's international prices are high, but I think there must be cheaper options. I'm not concerned about how long it takes for what I've bought to arrive. So, although I do like things being sent by tracked mail, I think that a shipping option that doesn't include the word 'Priority' must be cheaper. And that's the one I'd like to choose.

I've got in touch with the seller to ask whether this could be changed, but he's told me that, although he's willing to oblige, he sends the goods to a US address, and eBay takes care of the rest, so he has no control over the international shipping.

It is not the first time I send such a request to a seller, and they're usually willing to comply (I'm not asking them to send whatever I've bought without tracking, which might sound a bit fishy, but only through a slower and cheaper option). But they were never using eBay's Global Shipping Program, so they had control over the shipping method.

I've tried to get in touch with eBay to suggest they let the buyer choose among different shipping options when something's sold via their Global Shipping Program, but I've found no way to do so. Do you think there is any solution to this problem? Or am I the only one who thinks this is a problem?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)