cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Value Fee

I am selling sports trading cards on eBay.  A significant number of the cards I sell are $2.00 or less then I add a little more for shipping.  With each sale I have the cost of postage, the 13.25% selling fee and the .30 final value fee.  The final value fee makes if very difficult to make a little profit.  Is there a way to decrease or eliminate the .30 final value fee?

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Final Value Fee

@rabar_1165 

The $.30 fee is per order, so the only way to reduce it is to encourage multiple item orders.  You have a store, so you could try a buy x get x% off promotion - you can figure out at what quantity and % you make more than paying the $.30 on each card.

You would also save on the shipping, up to a point. You need to stay within the rules on the standard envelope - I assume you are using that label to save $. Although at some point, you would want to offer combined shipping - your buyers won't like paying $1 shipping on each card if they buy 10.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/choosing-a-carrier-and-service/ebay-standard-envelope

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply