cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

As a buyer, I almost instantly pay for my item through Paypal....but what bothers me, Ive had several sellers that never leave me a feedback. As a buyer, I'm not going to be the first one to leave a feedback....is this me or am I crazy to think this. As a seller, you rate my promptness to pay for the item, as a buyer, I leave the feedback when I get the item.....and like it's been said before, I will never ask for a feedback from a seller because he or she is waiting on mine....anyone feel the same?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Feedback

Hi @dennis334 ,

Feedback for both Buyers and Sellers is optional and can be left up to 60 from the date of the transaction.  Back in 2008 eBay stopped letting Sellers leave less then Positive Feedback for Buyers so in general terms the Feedback system is unbalanced and unfair for Sellers.  The choice to leave it or not is completely your decision.  As a Seller I leave Feedback for my customers while the label is printing out, that way its done and I have thanked them for their purchase and don't have to deal with it or get reminders about it.  I am primarily a Seller on eBay and over ALL the years that I have sold Buyer Feedback has been consistently between 50% and 60% with little deviation.   I never ask for it, never talk about it with my customers and never put a note in packages asking for it.  If it happens it happens and the way I have elected to handle it works as described above.

Regards,

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Feedback

Some users only leave feedback after receiving feedback. When two such users are involved in a transaction together, neither gets feedback as each is waiting for the other to blink first.

Leaving positive feedback, regardless of whether you have received feedback, is one of the few things you can do that can increase the chances of receiving feedback.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Feedback

I agree 100% with you. But what gets me, I'm constantly getting reminders to leave feedback on things I've bought on e-bay but the seller hasn't left one yet. When I sell things in here, I'm like you, I rate the buyer on his payment promptness. It seems buyers want to hold your feedback until they get theirs which is backwards. But hey, feedback is optional....

But take this for example. I bought something, I get the item and it's not what I wanted or it's something totally different or whatever. I try to get a refund but the seller never responds. So I give a rightful negative feedback, then he gives me one as well.....for what?! I've paid for the item, gone though the channels to settle this, but the seller responds. It's obvious that some sellers hold your feedback until they get theirs. I have 30+ feedbacks that I need to give as a buyer. But the sellers haven't sent my feedback, so I guess they'll disappear one day....LOL. Thanks again for your reply mr_lincoln. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Feedback

@dennis334 

< As a buyer, I'm not going to be the first one to leave a feedback....is this me or am I crazy to think this >    

Uh... both?  Just kidding.  I'm a buyer only.  I leave feedback when I've received the product and I'm satisfied with it.  Sometimes the seller leaves one before I have, sometimes the seller leaves one after I have, sometimes the seller never leaves one.  But, I always leave feedback for the seller ... I just like to, that's all.  Your mileage might vary.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Feedback

@dennis334   Just to reiterate, Sellers cannot leave Neutral or Negative FB for Buyers, they cannot leave a Postive Feedback with a negative comment, that FB can be reomoved because it violates eBay's Feedback Policy. 

As far as receiving something that is not as described, you as a Buyer can file an Item as described claim which forces the Seller to pay the return shipping, you don't even need to communicate with them.  When they get the returned item they are given 2 days to refund you.  FB is your choice in this case ... 

The other thing I tell Buyers is that the kind of FB you leave for others can also be seen by Sellers and is a reflection on you as well ... meaning if you leave regular Neg or Neutral FB for Sellers you may get more purchases cancelled because Sellers don't want to risk getting less then Positive FB from you ...

Regards,

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 6
latest reply