cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback went from 100% to 83% with one feedback.

I sold an initial coffee cup.  I realized I posted the wrong letter on the listing so I explained to the buyer and gave a refund.  Corrected the listing.

Shortly thereafter, I sold the corrected cup to a different buyer.  I did not see the Sold message from eBay so it was late getting mailed.  My husband fell and broke his hip and in the hospital, all at the same time.  Brain was gone.

I received negative feedback from 2nd buyer due to it being late.  I responded and got the 2nd buyer confused with the first which was refunded.  So my response mentioned a refund.  The buyer who left negative feedback did receive the cup shortly after.

I did send a message to the 2nd buyer who received the cup explaining what happened.  Not sure if she has even seen it, but no response as of yet.

My feedback was 100%, now 83%.  I’ve been on eBay for over 20 years.  I want to start listing again, but, concerned if eBay will even show my listings…?!   Anyone know how to talk to them about this misunderstanding.?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The negative is in the 12 month column, it will roll out of the the % at 12 months. It's too late for a feedback revision request, you have only 30 days for that. https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/leaving-feedback-buyers/replying-feedback-received-item-sold?id=41...

The % is only on the last 12 months. So you have 5 positives and 1 negative.  5/6 = 83.3%

You can build your feedback by buying as well as selling. Buy some needed items - shipping supplies or whatever.

Buy one thing and get a positive, you will be at 6/7 = 85.7%

Buy 4 things and get 4 positives, you will be at 9/10 = 90%

Once the negative rolls off you will be at 100%

Lastly, yes you can still sell, but getting your feedback higher is a good idea.

EastLaneAve  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member 26 years

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

The negative is in the 12 month column, it will roll out of the the % at 12 months. It's too late for a feedback revision request, you have only 30 days for that. https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/leaving-feedback-buyers/replying-feedback-received-item-sold?id=41...

The % is only on the last 12 months. So you have 5 positives and 1 negative.  5/6 = 83.3%

You can build your feedback by buying as well as selling. Buy some needed items - shipping supplies or whatever.

Buy one thing and get a positive, you will be at 6/7 = 85.7%

Buy 4 things and get 4 positives, you will be at 9/10 = 90%

Once the negative rolls off you will be at 100%

Lastly, yes you can still sell, but getting your feedback higher is a good idea.

EastLaneAve  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member 26 years

Message 2 of 2
latest reply