cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay won't honor seller protection and is allowing fraud to take place

Hey all:

I've been selling on Ebay for 20+ years, and have 12K feedback in my 2 accounts, all accounts are "power seller" and have 99.9% positive feedback.

I have a problem with Ebay.  Ebay is siding with a scammer and is allowing fraud to occur.

How?

A buyer bought a computer processor from me.  It was brand new, sealed in the box.  They have ZERO feedback.  They are shipping to an address that turns out to be a freight forwarding company.

They get the processor and claim that it is defective.  I doubt that, but OK, send it back for a refund.  A case is started and an Ebay pre-paid tag is generated for them.

Some time passes, maybe 3 weeks.

The buyer escalates the claim and wants a refund.  Ebay promptly complies and gives them their money back.

I call in to "customer service" to see why this has happened.  The buyer has NOT returned the processor.  Customer service says there is no tracking # and agrees with me that Ebay has made a mistake.  They note the case and escalate to the appeals department.

Appeals department gets the case and finds against me, allowing buyer to keep the processor AND their money.

I call back in and speak with customer service AGAIN.  They say there is a tracking # for the return, but it turns out that tracking # is MY TRACKING # showing delivery to the buyer!  Customer service agrees with me and says that Ebay is wrong, has made a mistake.  I ask to speak to a supervisor, OR somebody in appeals department.  Nope, that is not allowed because of Covid-19 and safety rules.  You can only communicate through email.  NOT on the phone, as that is too dangerous.  Customer service is making notes and forwarding it to the appeals department.

This time the appeals department finds AGAINST me.  This time though, they give me a tracking # showing the buyer has returned the processor to me.  It also shows that the shipment was delivered to me in my proper zip code.

HOWEVER, I did NOT receive that package.  I note that the buyer is in Portland OR, and the package was shipped from Stockton CA.

I ask my local Post Master at USPS to do a lookup on the package and it's delivery.

He finds out that it was delivered on time AND as stated....HOWEVER, it was delivered to my local McDonald's Hamburger restaurant.  THIS IS NOT MY REGISTERED ADDRESS WITH EBAY.  Further, it was small padded envelope, NOT a box.  It also is coming from an electronics wholesaler in Stockton CA, NOT where the buyer is located.

I do not live at the local McDonald's.  I do not conduct business there OR receive packages there.  My registered Ebay address is NOT McDonalds. The buyer DID NOT use the pre-paid, authorized return label that Ebay generated for him.

So it is painfully obvious that the buyer is conducting fraud.  Ebay repeatedly did not give me the proper information to allow me to defend my claim when I first appealed.  They have actively made this difficult and impossible for me to properly assert my claim.

I have printed proof from the Post Office/Post Master showing everything that I claim.  I can easily back up everything that I assert.  I have 12K feedback and have sold million over 20+ years.

The buyer/scammer has figured out that they can game Ebay by simply having a package delivered to my zip code containing a $3 USB cable and NOT the $400 Intel processor.

I have contacted customer support, showing and explaining what the buyer has done.  I have reported the buyer to Ebay trust & concern department.

The buyer's account is still active, has not been shut down.

Ebay won't honor seller protection.  Ebay is allowing fraud to take place.

I can't contact anybody but the entry level customer service and can't to speak to anybody in authority.

Has this happened to anybody else?  Anybody have any contact information for somebody at Ebay who can rectify this situation? 

HELP ME PLEASE!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)