cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay standard envelope what can you use this for?

When listing as a method of shipping, auction closes and it is not a option on the label print out page. Only shows postage for Advantage  shipping .What can you use this Ebay standard envelope  method for?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@mysterytree 

Here is the information page about using the eBay Standard Envelope. There is a maximum selling price the item can be. If your auction sells for over that price it will not be available.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-standard-envelope?id=...

lisa5768
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I understand that and my items do not sell over the limit price and it still does not show on the label page as a option. Why?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@mysterytree 

The last item you sold was listed with a first class envelope, not the standard envelope - it was not in a standard envelope category.

To send as a first class envelope, you don’t print a label since there is not tracking - you hand write the envelope and use stamps, or pay at the PO.  The item does not look flexible enough for a first class envelope, so I would go to the PO.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you.   I just got off the phone with Ebay and to use the Standard 1st Class envelope, you have to use certain categories.  "eBay standard envelope is the low cost way to ship small, lightweight items up to 3 oz. to your buyers with integrated tracking and shipping protection." They do not state upfront about the categories.  If you take to the po there is no tracking and you will get a ding. So, which is better, cheaper postage with a ding or higher poster (advantage) w/o ding?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@mysterytree 

The ‘ding’ will not cause you to go below standard - the no tracking ding will only stop you from becoming a top rated seller.

The bigger issue is that without tracking you will have to refund any buyer that says not received. You need to set the limit on what loss you are willing to risk, but you must also understand how to use the different classes of mail.

A first class letter can not be more than 1/4” thick and must be flexible enough to wrap around a soda can. A first class large envelope can not be more than 3/4” thick, but must also be uniformly flat and flexible. Neither can have lumps or bumps or rigid items.

You have an item listed with media mail that does not qualify - the matchbook. You need to review your shipping selections, at least on the items you are offering with free shipping.

eBay member since 2001.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for taking the time and explaining. E-bay does not make it easy. I have a better understanding now and thank you again.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@mysterytree 

You are very welcome 😊

eBay member since 2001.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply