cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Refunding Buyer Without Returning Item Sent

I had sold Apple Earbuds that cost me $250. It was sent to Russia through ebay international shipping. The buyer opened a return indicating I had sent them rocks. Mind you this was a sealed never used item. 
Even though I do not accept returns internationally because they said it was not as described I needed to accept the return. I gave the buyer my return information. Once the buyer opened the return we never heard from them again. So ebay decides it would be best to refund the buyer then have them return the item. So not only am I out $250 for the earbuds but also another $219 that ebay tried to get from my account

i contacted ebay and appealed their decision with no luck. I cannot afford to lose money like that I am a senior citizen just trying to make some extra money. Anything like this happen to you before and if so what was your outcome with ebay?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I was scammed by a seller from Russia early in my selling career.  That is why I do not ship to Russia.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

What error message did you get?  I was just told by eBay that my account is permanently restricted because of a shared IP address. They also said I was below standards. I told them if they were to go back and look at my store I deleted my 900 items that I had for sale as a result of my moving. I had everything in storage from last December to August I had just gone in to list my items when I was made aware I am permanently banned from eBay. I have over 1500 positive feedbacks so this came as a surprise to me. Wow talk about feeling powerless. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply