cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay prearranged sale?

I contacted an individual about a post she had on Facebook selling her jeep. She then directs me to communicate thru email. This is  response I received....

"As I told you in my first email, husband passed away 2 months ago and I got a new job and moved back to my hometown in Great Falls, Montana. Before leaving I had prearranged the deal with eBay so my presence isn't necessary. They won't give me any money until you receive and test the vehicle. It is at the shipping company, ready to be delivered. The shipping cost is included in the selling price of the vehicle! You got 5 days to test it and inspect the vehicle. So if you want to make this deal I need the following details from you:-full name-shipping address-phone number. Once I got all the details, I will forward them to eBay and they will proceed with the order. They'll email you with all the information that you need to complete this deal and also they will confirm that the deal is conducted through them and I'm a legitimate seller. Waiting for your email with the requested details."

Does ebay do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

It's a scam.

If you look around here, you'll see a lot of these type of post.

@tam6497a  SCAM!!!

Ebay has nothing to do with sales on other sites. 

Report the listing to fb.  

Pay for cars in person so that you know their is a car and it runs as stated . 

Get the title when you pay