cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY CHANGING RETURN REQUEST LABELS INTO USPS PRIORITY AT A SUPER HIGH COST???

When purchasing a return request label off of ebay, for the last two weeks, the return labels are coming back as USPS Priority but the original shipping method was First Class? When purchasing a label in off of ebay in the past, it would be the same as the original shipping method, but now its being changed to a Priority label which costs 4x the amount! Talked to ebay many times for hours, know one seems to know anything. Was there a posting of this change?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I haven't had a return in ages, but when I did, the labels were always first class service return, which is good for up to 70 pounds.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

So glad you don't have to deal with returns, we get many Fraudulent return requests,,,, buyers just want to try it, use it, then return it for a FULL refund.  So I lose the shipping cost too the buyer, the item comes back used/destroyed so I lose the item cost, and NOW I am getting stuck paying Priority return shipping when I didn't even select it so a LOSE LOSE LOSE situation!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I looked at 2 of your active listings.  Both have a no returns policy.  That is for buyer's remorse: didn't like it, changed mind, doesn't fit, found it cheaper elsewhere.  If the buyer states any of those reasons, you can Decline the return.  If you decide to accept the return, the buyer pays for the return shipping label.  If the seller states Not as Described, then you will accept the return and pay for a return shipping label.  If you refuse, ebay can refund the buyer from your funds and not require the buyer to return the item.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 4
latest reply