cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Seller receive a Buyer’s credit card information?

Possible fraud and concern if a Seller has received my credit card information 

I bought an item following an auction, vintage archery Bear Polar left handed bow, and the Seller asked me to then cancel the order and contact him outside eBay. I didn’t. I contacted eBay and reported possible fraud but I received a suspicious email posing as the USPS, needing my contact information to send me an item.  I am very concerned that if this Seller receives my credit card information through eBay he will defraud me.  And cannot figure out any other remedy via eBay. Can someone offer a suggestion and would eBay give my credit card details out?  Thanks 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@mrdevos9858 

Sellers never see your credit card information.  Only the card processing company has the data, and it is highly encrypted.

Sellers also do not receive your actual email address, although they do receive a temporary masked  email address to use to send data outside of eBay, when necessary.

I get those fake emails from usps ups and fedex pretty much every day, along with fake purchase confirmations for all kinds of products.  It has nothing to do with eBay.  

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you.  I appreciate the help.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply