cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disturbing Ebay Trend

Have bought lots of items off Ebay for many years.  Always found it reliable.  Which is why this recent trend is disturbing.  Hoping this puts Ebay on notice.

Several times in the past couple of months I've ordered items, only to find out the seller has listed an itemt they don't actually have.  Once they get the order, then then scramble to try and procure the item.  If they are not able to get the item, or they aren't able to get it from their supplier at a price that allows them to profit, then they give you a song and dance story and refund your money - wasting my time in the process.  I've lost a week or more waiting for them to ship, and now I have to reorder from a different seller.

In one case, the seller admitted this is what happened, and they were unable to get the item from their supplier.  In the recent case, the seller made a feeble excuse that FedEx had delivered to the wrong address and they received the item back in bad condition so they were refunding me.  I know this is **bleep**, becuase FedEx isn't stupid.  They updated tracking when the seller create the lable, and that was it.  Clearly the seller never dropped off the item at FedEx.

I know Ebay takes it's reputation seriously, and I hope they will start to nip this trend in the bud.  Speaking personally, it's beginning to undermine my confidence in ordering off Ebay, and I'm starting to look more toward Amazon just for reliability.  Hate to see this trend become more prolific.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)