cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continously being attacked by a buyer

Long story short.

A buyer Purchase 24+ antique photos from us.  Order came to just under $1,000.00

We shipped within ebay's guidelines on March 20th and shipped priority small box, insured, signature required.

Package was sent via USPS and tracking still shows that it was last scanned on March 26th.  It is stuck somewhere.

The package did not reach the buyer and the day he could report this to ebay he did and he requested a refund.  

We contacted USPS and put in an intercept to have the package sent back to us.

We refunded the buyer all of his money within ebays guidelines.

The buyer was VERY angry that we put in the intercept.

Concerned, we contacted ebay and the agent told me that since we have refunded his money as he requested, he would not have the ability to leave negative feedback. Ebay service # 1-476099925782.

Last Friday he left 24 very angry separate negative feedbacks on our account.  Where in the issue was that he did not receive his package, which was in the hands of a reputable mail service and out of our control.  He left feedback messages saying really terrible things about us personally.

We reached out to ebay.

Nothing was resolved over the weekend. So the horrible feedback stayed.

Tuesday Ebay did take all of the negative feedback down.

Now he is leaving revised negative feedback on some of the feedback that was taken down.

We reached out to ebay and filed a claim against the buyer for abusive behavior and harrassment.  Ebay told us this matter will go to management for them to investigate his behavior.

ebay told us to let them know if he leaves any more negative feedback and they will remove it.

the revised negative feedback was removed.

Now there is a new negative feedback on our account.

I've sent a message to ebay this morning to have the feedback removed.

Will this continue for 60 days?

This whole ordeal is really knocking the wind out of us.  I begged ebay this morning to please please please help us.

We need help, guidance and support.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Continously being attacked by a buyer

Hi @gorhamstoo   

I can certainly understand your predicament in having the INR filed.  You risked having the item delivered after refunding the buyer … without knowing whether the buyer would pay you back

Did you communicate at all with the buyer before intercepting the packages?  If you didn’t … then that was where you made your mistake.  Communication was essential at that point.  

Instead of intercepting … you could have had USPS ‘unstick’ the package so that tracking showed it moving again.

The issue with the feedback is puzzling.  The buyer could NOT have replaced feedback that eBay had removed.  [Maybe you had sent the buyer feedback revision requests without realizing it.]

I’m not sure what to recommend at this point.  Normally, I would recommend you reach out to the buyer and apologize for not contacting them prior to having the package(s) intercepted and see if you can redo the sale and get the negative feedback revised … but that may be too late now (since you’ve reported the buyer for abusive behavior).

You may need to continue requesting removal of the negs through eBay.  I would try reaching the eBay team through Facebook or Twitter.  They would be more likely to be able to handle the whole problem at once.

I’m really sorry this happened and hope you can get the mess behind you without further issues.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply