cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused About Offers

I have a potential buyer who wants to buy two of my items at a reduced rate. We have agreed on a total amount for the two including shipping. What are the right steps to make this happen? It seems like my only options are to 1) have the buyer pay and refund the difference, or 2) have the buyer "buy" but not pay until they get my adjusted invoice.  Unfortunately, I have had buyers have trouble with the #2 approach. And, I think buyers are leery with #1. Is there any other way? It really should be easier.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Confused About Offers

A partial refund on the s/h for one or both items is one way.  eBay now gives fee credits when you do that (didn't used to--and it still doesn't give any credit on the $.30 fixed per payment fee which can really add up for multiple low price items--or multiple high price for that matter). 

If you opt out of requiring pre-authorization for Best Offers (ALL buyers are now subject to the requirement, which results in automatic payment immediately upon the seller accepting the offer, so there is no way to combine payments) then you can have the buyer "Request a total" for multiple items from his/her My eBay: Purchases or Cart when done, but that does carry the risk of non-payment (and the 4 days to pay starts over when you issue the combined invoice):

Buyer Payment Requirements

Require buyers to provide a payment method before they place a bid.

Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer.

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

All sellers are opted in to those, you have to opt out for a buyer to NOT have to pre-authorize payment upon acceptance for offers (for bids they are still testing and not all buyers are enrolled yet, but the same would apply if they were put in the test group for auctions).

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Confused About Offers

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my question. Based on these answers, I feel that eBay should create a simple system for making offers to a single buyer on multiple items. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply