cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child injured from falsely advertised product

I'm trying to figure out the best way to handle this situation. My 7 year old son saved up his allowance to buy a pokemon card he's been eyeing...I scroll through products with him on my account and I'll buy something he chooses if I approve. The card my son picked out was a "rare gold metal" Pokemon card. The listing boasts its authenticity and rarity, which I doubted, but he still wanted it and it wasn't expensive, so I got it for him anyway. Fast forward, it arrived yesterday and almost immediately after opening the package my son got a deep cut in between his thumb and forefinger. We spent the next 6 hours in the ER and he needed 4 stitches. I didn't expect the card to have an extremely sharp edge, and I don't believe it's intended to, but the seller is obviously targeting kids with this product. The description does say ages 13+, but it's described as a playing card and even looking at the comments everyone is buying these for children. There is absolutely no warning or indication of danger. My son was originally planning to bring this card to school and it scares me to think of what could have happened if he did.  I looked for a proper way to report this and can't find one. It's too early to leave a review, and I'm not sure that it's going to do any good to tell the seller because I feel like this is a bigger issue that eBay should be aware of. Maybe previous buyers should be made aware? Not to mention, the seller is obviously going out of their way to sell a fraudulent product as something authentic (I did look into this and no such card even exists) to unsuspecting buyers, so I don't think they are going to have a change of heart and fix their listings without intervention. Thank you for reading this. Please let me know if you have any advice.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0