cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send combined invoice to buyer

One of my buyers bought 56 items from me Monday, and when I go to 'combine items' the first 40 items do combine just fine, and an invoice was sent to the buyer.

However, when I go to send a combined invoice for the remaining 16 items, the page reverts back to the 40 items I've already combined and invoiced. Even though those 40 items have been combined and invoiced, eBay seems to think that they have not been.

Even clicking on just one of the 16 items to send an invoice results in a page with the previous 40 items!! This has been going on for a couple of months now, and talking to someone in eBay IT was useless... they had no clue.

Does anyone here have a work around or other solution? I've asked the buyer to place the 16 items in a cart and pay for them that way, but that is something the buyer shouldn't have to do.

Thanks for any ideas or help!!

Ted

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the answer! But that sure does *not* help at all with the problem. This means that the buyer has to pay for the first 40 items, then wait for me to get that notice of payment, then wait for me to send the invoice for the remaining items and then wait for the buyer to have to log on to their payment app for a 2nd time and make another payment!

It never used to be like that...this buyer once won 96 items in an auction and I was able to send 3 invoices at once - 1 for the first group of 40, another for the 2nd 40 and then a 3rd invoice for the remaining 16 items.

This sure is a backwards change...making it harder for both the seller and the buyer. If this buyer is unwilling to buy more than 40 items at a time, sure I loose some sales and revenue, but so does eBay.

I just don't understand the logic behind this change!!

Ted

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The buyer has to pay the invoice for the first 40 items, then you can send the invoice for the next 16.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the answer! But that sure does *not* help at all with the problem. This means that the buyer has to pay for the first 40 items, then wait for me to get that notice of payment, then wait for me to send the invoice for the remaining items and then wait for the buyer to have to log on to their payment app for a 2nd time and make another payment!

It never used to be like that...this buyer once won 96 items in an auction and I was able to send 3 invoices at once - 1 for the first group of 40, another for the 2nd 40 and then a 3rd invoice for the remaining 16 items.

This sure is a backwards change...making it harder for both the seller and the buyer. If this buyer is unwilling to buy more than 40 items at a time, sure I loose some sales and revenue, but so does eBay.

I just don't understand the logic behind this change!!

Ted

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I totally agree.  I would not be surprised if it was an unintentional change, since I can't impage someone deciding this would be beneficial.

If you have time on Wednesday, it would be a good topic to bring to the weekly chat with staff.  They can pass it on to the team responsible for that function, so they can consider a change in the future.  It really helps for them to hear it from active sellers (I retired last year).

A new thread will be added here Wed 1PM PT -

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Discussion-with-eBay/bd-p/weekly-chat

eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks again for the quick reply! 

I find it hard to believe that I am the only eBay seller with this problem...and it has been going on for several months now without any notice from eBay about the change in invoicing. I did talk to someone in IT (I think) but they were totally clueless and had no answer or solution.

I'd try the weekly chat but I will be at work then, and I really wonder if I could even get in or this problem resolved.

Hopefully someone else with this issue can get into the chat and see if eBay can fix this or restore the older system of allowing invoicing more than 40 items at the same time.

Ted

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Everyone can get in to the chat. Certainly not all problems get resolved, but they do get referred to the right group.

I am going to be out this afternoon, or else I would ask about it.  If I get home in time, I will post and point them to you for the example, if that is OK.

I think I have seen one other member ask about here, but there are probably more on the selling board. 

eBay member since 2001.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply