cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reach eBay customer service about a disputed purchase

A game box LINER was listed in the games category and I mistakenly assumed that it was actually a game since it was grouped with the games and not with game memorabilia. I promptly returned the paper and the seller will not return my messages or work with me on this and I blame both him and eBay for allowing a piece of paper to be listed among actual games. 

The item was listed on the aggregate page for this game as an "open box" new item, not as a liner sleeve.

Skyrim 5-22.pngI have sent the item back to the seller but cannot for the life of me find a way to contact eBay to work on this dispute and to apply for their money back guarantee.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Did you open a return request?  eBay generally can't help with a return unless you open a request, but it is worth asking.  As long as you have tracking showing delivery, they may let you open a request now and post the tracking.

To speak to customer service, follow the instructions on this page to work through the automated assistant to request a call back - select agent when it is an option -
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

If they can not help, contact your credit card issuer and ask them to open a dispute for a return with no refund.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Did you open a return request?  eBay generally can't help with a return unless you open a request, but it is worth asking.  As long as you have tracking showing delivery, they may let you open a request now and post the tracking.

To speak to customer service, follow the instructions on this page to work through the automated assistant to request a call back - select agent when it is an option -
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

If they can not help, contact your credit card issuer and ask them to open a dispute for a return with no refund.

eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I opened a return request but the seller immediately closed it and after that I am just caught in a link loop that keeps asking me to contact the seller, which I have done 4 times already with no luck in getting any response. I'll follow the link you gave me and see if I can actually talk to a person at some point in the process.  Thanks

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You must not have selected 'not as described', since a seller can not decline a not as described return.

You can try talking to customer service - they probably have a better chance of dealing with a return request with the wrong reason, than no request.

eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I kept at it until I finally found the chat button. I think my issue is going to be resolved.  T

his was very helpful.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

That looks like the PRODUCT page and not a sellers listing.

Give the item # of the item you purchased.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply