cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated Shipping

Recently, I listed a large item on eBay. Using eBay’s Shipping Calculator I accurately weighed and measured my shipment (27 lbs. 24” x 16” x 16”) and determined “Calculated: cost varies based upon buyer location” + FedEx was best shipping choice.

The item sold and the Buyer Selected FedEx just as I specified. When it came time to Purchase and Print Shipping Label, I was shocked to see cost of the Buyer’s Label was $34.67 while my Cost to Purchase my Shipping Label was $42.31.  Since I list my items with 2 business days handling time I resisted the urge to contact eBay and question the shipping cost difference for fear of delaying shipment. My item shipped on time and my Shipping Label Cost was acceptable to FedEx.

Why is there a difference in My Shipping Label Cost vs Buyer’s Label Cost?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Calculated Shipping

@flyingscott19 

Dimensionally, that package is at least 37lbs. FedEx quotes in the listing are just estimates. Once the package is delivered, the actual amount will be deducted from you. 
Fedex could add residential delivery charges, fuel surcharges and the dimensional weight difference, as a couple examples. 

If you are going to offer FedEx as a carrier, get your own account or get the label from PirateShip. Don’t use eBay’s labels. 

Determining DIM weight. https://ir.ebaystatic.com/pictures/aw/shipping/DIM_Weight_client_R6.pdf

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Calculated Shipping

@flyingscott19 

Dimensionally, that package is at least 37lbs. FedEx quotes in the listing are just estimates. Once the package is delivered, the actual amount will be deducted from you. 
Fedex could add residential delivery charges, fuel surcharges and the dimensional weight difference, as a couple examples. 

If you are going to offer FedEx as a carrier, get your own account or get the label from PirateShip. Don’t use eBay’s labels. 

Determining DIM weight. https://ir.ebaystatic.com/pictures/aw/shipping/DIM_Weight_client_R6.pdf

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Calculated Shipping

Thank you for your quick response!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply