cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer says they did not receive item.

Tracking shows item was delivered, buyer says it wasn't. What do I do? Am I responsible for the item in this situation? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If sent to the zip code on the payment, and tracking shows delivered, eBay will close a not received case in your favor.

Send the buyer a sympathetic note, gently explaining that they must go to their PO with the tracking # and ask the clerk to look up the delivery.  The scanners have gps, so they can see exactly where the package was delivered.  If mis-delivered, the carrier should try to retrieve the package.

If correctly delivered and stolen from the buyer's property, it is up to the buyer to file a police report and a home insurance claim, if applicable.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If sent to the zip code on the payment, and tracking shows delivered, eBay will close a not received case in your favor.

Send the buyer a sympathetic note, gently explaining that they must go to their PO with the tracking # and ask the clerk to look up the delivery.  The scanners have gps, so they can see exactly where the package was delivered.  If mis-delivered, the carrier should try to retrieve the package.

If correctly delivered and stolen from the buyer's property, it is up to the buyer to file a police report and a home insurance claim, if applicable.

eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

So other than relaying that information to the buyer, I do nothing but wait? Thank you for your detailed response I really appreciate it.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If the buyer opens a not received claim, go to the claim and enter the tracking #.  Otherwise, there is nothing you need to do.

eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply