cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer returned my item with parts missing, broken and the package was so poorly prepped for shipping

ste_417354
Adventurer

So my buyer waited till the last 6 or so hours before the end of the 30 day return period to ask for a refund. I at first said no since the add stated no refunds. I reached out to him the day the item was scheduled to arrive and asked him to look over the package and let me know if it had any damage from shipping. No response...so I left it at that.  After I told him that i would not accept a refund, he threatened to go directly to pay pay and skip requesting ebays help.

I contacted ebay regarding the return and was told that I basically have to accept it and make a claim if it returns to me in a different condition than what I sent it. 

I asked why do they even have a button to click for no returns if they are going to force you to anyway. You all know this story...

Anyway I agreed to the return because I felt very strongly he had mis used the item and I would be able to show it through comparison photos.

I get my item back with the box torn to @#$% and 2 components missing.  The box had one strip of foil tape across the top to secure it.  I could literally stick my hand in and feel around.

So now my question to the community is, do you think ebay will grant me a no return based off items missing and the fact that he packaged it so poorly and without a care of its contents arriving safely and in good condition,

or will they say I have to file a claim with the post office? Anyone been through this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)