cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer requested replacement, replacement delivered but buyer ignores case?

Okay, so I mailed out the wrong item to a buyer. There was a mixup in my items that I had here with me at the time, simple mistake. The buyer receieved the item and requested a return for a replacement (the correct item) and a refund of the original shipping for the inconvenience. She provided photo of what I actually had sent her, so I know she didn't scam me on that.

I called eBay CS and they said that they will proceed with the process once she ships the item back, and she did ship the item back with a label I had paid for. I receieved the item back last week and the next day (because I didn't get home until after the post offices closed) the item was dropped off for mailing because I had printed a label through USPS and had a receipt of proof it was being mailed to her and it was her item.

I sent her a message with the tracking information, noting also it was being sent with USPS Priority mail and expected delivery date.

Expected delivery date has now passed and her item was delivered on-time. She never responded to any of my messages or acknowledged that the package was received.

I have 3 days until she is eligible to open a case, and I'm currently trying to contact eBay CS by phone but I keep getting the call-back with "we are experiencing technical issues at this time" on 10-20 minute wait times, so I'm trying my luck here.

I was wondering if I myself should go into the case details and "ask eBay to step in" with the selection "buyer is not responding"; however, there's no guarantee that my case will be acknowledged right away by eBay CS. Things are easily taken care of over the phone, its just the threatening note about asking eBay to step in on the return page because it will affect seller rating and performance depending on the decision within the case.

So far, I have provided 3 screenshots to eBay CS via the case details page.

1. Proof of USPS Click-N-Ship to the buyer's address & the tracking number.

2. Proof of USPS Delivery of the package with tracking number.

3. Proof of my communication of all information on the replacement sent, tracking number, estimated delivery date, etc.

So I'm not really sure what to do at this point. Since she opened the case, I've called eBay CS twice to see what to do next, and I'm pretty sure I've done everything right.

Any idea of the outcome?

I'm still waiting for a callback for the upteenth time today.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)