cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer of defective item can't contact seller/store

I'm unable to contact VMInnovations store here on Ebay as the page won't come up when attempting to message seller. I purchased a Luma air cooler in June here. there was a 30 day return policy, and I noted the item was used, however it looked new when it arrived, with no signs of having been used. however the seller says about this product: quote: We will accept your return within 30 days of purchase. A 25% restocking fee will apply on items returned for a refund. Defective items returned for a refund will incur a 10% restocking fee. No refunds will be given on items that have been opened or used, only exchanges. Everything originally sent to you needs to be returned or fees will be applied. Buyer is responsible for all return shipping costs to you. We will pay to ship the replacement item to you. All returns require an RMA number.

The item is defective as the motor itself will not turn the fan thingy. I had one of these which lasted 2 yrs; this one only lasted a few months. Now this seller is selling them for $67, versus $125. I am not asking for a refund, but an exchange. How would I contact them. Ebay says I am outside of the 30 days so they won't let me. However I'm sure I would be able to do an exchange if I pay for return shipping and I don't think the 10% restock fee would apply to something that is defective as it's not going to be salvagable. I know that a motor blowing on this type of item is very rare. I have noticed some of these have belts that can be replaced. Mine has no belt. It is rather suspicious to not be able to contact a seller on Ebay. I am trying to get Ebay a request for help to contact seller, but ebay just says to call them, but the wait is very long on the phone. Not sure what to do if customer is not allowed access to seller. I will gladly accept the exchange as it can be easily proven by plugging the machine in to see it is not blowing air, period, anymore, while the pump works ok. these things usually are given a year warranty, I would expect it to last through at the least another month. How can I request Ebay help me get an exchange? by showing them the seller is willing to exchange in writing? it's right there on their page.

I have to find the place where it says, the seller will exchange items after the 30 days return policy, if the item is defective, they just want it returned to them, no refunds of money, but an exchange is OK, or a credit in their store.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

was able to contact the seller finally and they will exchange the item for another but I wll pay to ship it back.

Answers (0)