cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer not responsive for Local Pick Up

grants169
Adventurer

I wanted to talk to someone at eBay about my issue, but any single option I select for "Contact Us" the only thing I can do is "Ask the community"

Community,

February 26th, a buyer purchased an item for LOCAL PICKUP ONLY.

Immediately after the purchase, I sent a message for the buyer to call me on my phone number to arrange PICK UP.

After a few days of no response, I sent another message.  No response.

Then I called and left a message.  No response.

I left some emails.  No response.

The buyer is NEW, signed up for eBay account the day of purchase, Feb. 26th.

The buyer is located in COLORADO according to the sales record.  I'm in ILLINOIS.

In the past, I've had buyers from other states arrange for friends or family to pickup items from me, sometimes several months after purchase.  They are responsive though.  This buyer I haven't heard a single word from.

My thinking says it's proper to simply CANCEL the sale, refund the money and move on.  However, every single time I've canceled a sale through no fault of my own, my defect ratings suffer some sort of a hit.   I'm afraid the second I cancel this, I will take a defect, the buyer will instantly complain (even though currently unresponsive), and my final value fees will not be credited.

What happens if I do NOT cancel the sale and 30-days have past?  It's currently March 21st.  Can I just keep the buyer's money and the buyer will have no recourse?

What happens if I DO cancel the sale?  In regards to FVF and defects and buyer dis-satisfaction?

Thank you for your help, community.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)