cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer keeps gift cards i get nothing

OK well here goes since eBay customer service is being no help. So recently I listed a few Apple gift cards on eBay and encountered a seller who bought them up pretty quickly along with requesting that I send the codes via message. I had no reason to not trust this individual they had perfect feedback so I took pictures of my gift cards and then sent the message. Nothing happens for 2 weeks I requested that the buyer confirm that they received the gift cards before leaving feedback. They then open a case telling eBay that they want a refund because they didn't understand the transaction. They win? Now I'm out of both my gift cards and eBay wants to collect not only the money I received from them but a $20 disputation charge. Is there anything you guys can do to help me? I'm literally screwed here because I have no tracking information to back up my claim. Worst part is they didn't open a claim for the other gift card so they actually did receive both. Help?

Screenshot_20210702-001418_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210702-001418_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210702-001440_eBay.jpg

 last one is proof I am not scamming anyone my other buyer got the cards just fine.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Second image was supposed to be this one

Screenshot_20210702-001452_eBay.jpg

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Second image was supposed to be this one

Screenshot_20210702-001452_eBay.jpg

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I had no reason to not trust this individual they had perfect feedback

All buyers have perfect feedback because buyers cannot receive negatives. Only sellers can receive negative feedback.

Selling gift cards is extremely risky under the best of circumstances, even if you did have tracking and did not provide photos to the buyer; the buyer can spend the money on the cards and then claim the cards were empty. You would be forced to accept the return and refund the buyer even if that was not really the case.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/gift-cards-policy?id=4294

Message 3 of 3
latest reply