cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer didn't return item in time and even send me his own broken part. eBay changed closed case.

Hello, I have very big problem with.

Long story short  eBay already mede a decision in my favor days ago and cased closed, but today I got another email from eBay saying that this is now closed in buyers favor.

I will describe short as I can here.

1. Buyer opened return request on eBay saying my item doesn’t work and requesting refund. I agreed.
  2. Buyers “send my item back” after a long time already, but still in eBay timeframe. I am waiting for my item to get back so I can give him a refund. Tracking website doesn’t work, but I still wait.
  3. After some time item still not arrived and since tracking website didn’t work eBay closes this case in my favor and I get my money back on PayPal. eBay saying: “We reviewed this case and have closed it without any refund to the buyer. The case will not affect your seller performance. Any feedback left for this transaction will be removed. The buyer did not return the item to you within the required timeframe.” This was on Nov 8th.
  4. Day or 2 later I receive the item back from a buyer, but now I see for sure that buyer was a scammer, because he send me back his own broken item, and kept mine. I can prove that, because item has different part number. I didn’t contact eBay anymore since buyer tried to scam me but failed since eBay and PayPal already gave my money back.
  5. Today Nov 19th, I receive another message from eBay saying this is now close in buyer favor: “Decision: This case has been decided in the buyer's favor. Comments: Unfortunately, it looks like the refund you agreed to issue was never sent to your buyer. We've issued it and now need you to reimburse us.”

I can’t open a dispute on PayPal for this and I cant contact eBay.com since calling from EU cost me 2.5€/minute and I see that in a lot of cases you have to wait on the line for 10-30 min, or maybe even more and then some guy from India answer that can really help you.

I do not understand how can once closed eBay case be changed. But also I have hard evidence that this buyers was a scammer and now I can’t talk to eBay about this since case is already closed and I see I can’t make a report on PayPal on this refund transaction. What should I do? Please help, this is a lot of money.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)