cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer claiming item in package is missing

I have a buyer that bought a rare, expensive video game from me. It was complete, including a sticker inside the case. They claim the sticker isn't there. It went from my desk into the box, there is no way the sticker isn't in there. I have looked everywhere here and its not here. They are acting all disappointed that it wasn't complete and want to return for a refund. So of course now I will get an item back that isn't complete anymore because this person likely lost the sticker. I'm guessing sellers have no recourse in these things?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If the buyer files a Returns Request selecting the reason Not as Described, you WILL accept the return and provide a return shipping label for the item's return,  Once tracking shows DELIVERED back to you, you have 2 days to refund the buyer.  When you relist the item, you will need to drop the price and disclose the sticker is missing.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If the buyer files a Returns Request selecting the reason Not as Described, you WILL accept the return and provide a return shipping label for the item's return,  Once tracking shows DELIVERED back to you, you have 2 days to refund the buyer.  When you relist the item, you will need to drop the price and disclose the sticker is missing.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi @ashabar 

Did you sell that item on a different account?  This one has nothing that has sold in the last 90 days.

Here is a link to your Seller protections ... the Buyer could easily return an empty box or something different than what they purchased.  Seller protections | eBay

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Its just very irritating to me that the sticker was not missing. I truly feel they lost it or something happened to it on their end. They did request a refund and I accepted it. Not worth the hassle. Still makes me angry though.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

This is the listing. Not sure why it doesn't show unless it is because they did a Return Request. I just accepted it and I guess will now have an item that isn't worth as much. I'm fairly certain they lost or messed the sticker up and just did this to get their money back. They didn't contact me until a few days after it had been delivered to them. Hopefully it will at least still be in good shape to try to resell.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325945767801?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11051.m43.l1123&mkcid=26&ch=osgood&euid...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply