cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer asking for free shipping

I'm selling a pre-owned Kate Spade dress & listed it at the Buy It Now price of $35. My packaging for this dress is a medium sized USPS Priorty Mail box which eBay calculated at $12.55.

I got an eBay message from a potential buyer asking if I'd give it to them for my Buy It Now price of $35, but with free shipping. Normally I'd compromise & say yes, but the buyer is located in Las Vegas, & the item is in NY. 

I'm not willing to pay what looks like is going to be out of my own pocket for shipping that most likely won't be cheap. Any suggestions on how to respond or what to do?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

All of my pricing for this item is fixed, but thank you for your interest in the dress!

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It looks like you listed as 2LB, so NY to LV will cost you $12.66.  The buyer would see a price of $16.10, since you are charging buyers the retail price, not your discounted price.

You can't change the shipping - shipping is not part of a best offer.  So if you're OK paying the $13 shipping, counter at $20 (or what you like)  plus shipping.  Or decline the offer explaining that you can't change the shipping, and invite her to make a new offer.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply