cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought item from scammer, fake tracking number

Hi.  I need help.  I bought an item, the arrive date was way out there.  Took 7 days to get tracking number.  I called ups and the tracking number is an amazon number going to a different address in my city.  I've called ebay 2 times to inform them of this.  The seller is still listing and selling items, ebay assures me when it shows delivered if i file for item didn't arrive, i will get a refund.  I read several post online that at that point ebay will NOT give me a refund because it will show delivered to my zip code and ebay wont care about the specific address and side with the seller.  I also used paypal credit to buy the item.  What do i do?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Bought item from scammer, fake tracking number

File the not received claim and let eBay close in favor of the seller.  Then you appeal the decision.

While you are waiting, contact ups again and ask them to send you in writing that the subject tracking # was not addressed or delivered to you.  You don't need to know where it went, just that it was not to you.  Once you have that, contact customer service and appeal the decision.  Or call your credit card issues and have them open a charge back based on the fraudulent tracking #.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply