cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appeal a defect or feedback

I am absolutely fed up with ebay's feedback system. This was the last straw for me. ebay puts so much value on feedback, but let's buyers/sellers leave false feedback. Even when it is an absolute fact that what they wrote is an absolute lie (not opinion), you will not remove it.
So when someone lies on a feedback, I am the one who takes the hit. I lose an opportunity for Top Seller, I lose customers. It is just absolutely archaic. Get with it ebay. You allow lies, but remove feedback for language? We are all adults here. How is language worse than a flat out lie?
Anyway, back to this guy. I called in to report the issues I was having with this guy. It started with 2 items that I received that were in very bad condition. His listing showed that they were both new and did not describe any issues with them. So I contacted him and asked what his return policy was? He said return them and I will refund you. I then said, when I get a return label I will send them back. He said he wasn't going to pay return shipping. I then informed him that he was liable to do so, because his items were not as described. After going back and forth he then apologizes and issues a full refund but asks me not to leave negative feedback. Which I told him that I do not do that. I left him the feedback he deserved. He replied to my negative feedback by saying "refused to return items took 2 weeks to pay got 1 item for 1$ just want it free" (Lie #1). Ebay would not remove, stating it is an opinion.
Then he buys 3 items from me. I called ebay right away letting them know I was concerned he did this in retaliation. I sent him the 3 items with Signature confirmation. He then opened a new account and ordered another item. I notified ebay of this as well. This was his feedback for item #1 "arived as described, seller is disrespect called me names!!! (Lie#2) As a seller, I never once contacted him, nor as a buyer did I call him names. I called ebay to remove this. Again, they stated it was opinion.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)