cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accuracy of Products

I've recently purchased a couple of Products.

Purge Valve.jpg

1. Vapor Canister Purge Valve / Solenoid Fits: Nissan Altima Sentra 2004-2006
I assumed it was going to be as the Picture that was posted on the listing; however, it was not. 

What had Arrived was a Different Product which looks "Similar" to the one I Ordered.
This is a Similar picture of the one that arrived (by the same seller for a different Listing).

Aftermarket Purge Valve.jpgI contact the Seller and Point Out- this Product that I purchased, was Not as the Picture in the Description...
Additionally, I tell them:
2. that the product the Seller has for Sale has Different Details of the Product, than the Product that arrived.
EG: Seller Details:

Purge Valve Details by Seller.PNGDetails of Part # that arrived 
Purge Valve that Arrived.jpg

I also point out the Different Sizes of the 2 in Comparison;
Mine which had looked Identical to the Part I had Ordered, in Comparison to the Part which Arrived.
Purge Valve Comparison.jpg

I contact the Seller:
Dear Friend,
I have received the part today.
It Does Not look the same as in the Description- which is what mine had looked like - before I tried to seal it.
.Nor is it the same part # as you have in the description. "Manufacturer Part Number: 14930-8U30A"
The part I received is: OEM Part No. 14930-9E010

I think it is best to return this item- rather than try to use it which might not be the right part.

Will you please provide Return Shipping Label - and a Full Refund,

Thank You,

Hello

you should install it and it will work.

the one you have originally on your vehicle looks badly damaged from mud or snow ,

the one we sold we have sold 100s of it without any issues and this solenoid is very popular in our market.

if you decide to return it you will need to get your shipping label as we cannot provide any international shipping labels.

thank you

the one I have is Not Badly Damaged - In fact I'm not sure if it's faulty. I have an Evap leak but cannot find it.. so i put some contact cement over my part and also some Stop Leak Spray. That is why it looks bad.

If you don't provide international Shipping Labels - who is supposed to pay for the return shipping? Certainly not me, if it's not as described.

thank you for your message.

the size will not make any difference in this item. if your old part is slightly larger than the part we shipped to you. not sure if you already tested the part or not if it will work.

again international shipping label cannot be provided we don't have any system to do generate international return label.

you will need to test the part and you will see that it should work fine for your application.

sometimes every brand makes the part slightly different in sizing but at the end they all suppose to work as they should be.

thank you

I thought I was buying the part that you have shown in the Picture.
It is not.

I thought I was buying the Part No in Your Description.
It is not.

As previously mentioned, I am not sure that my current part is faulty, ( but only put sealant on it to see if it made any difference... which it did not).
Evap Leaks can be very difficult to find.

If this was the same as the part I had on my car, which it appears to be in the Picture - I would have been fine with keeping it -provided it worked..

However it is Not at all, as the Part Described. Regardless if it does the same function- which I'm am not inclined to Engage in that Speculation.

I am Sorry that there is a Problem with this Order - and any costs that may have to be Incurred by you, in the Process of My Refund.

I might suggest that you:
1. show the correct item that you are selling and not a Picture of a part that you think people are looking for.
2. Provide the Correct Part Number that You are Selling, and not a Part Number of what you think people actually want but is not the same.

Perhaps eBay will have to Intervein.

Regardless of Any Resolution, Happy Holidays my Friend!

Kind Regards,

Additionally in the list - there is some ambiguous information on Returns- which one part of the Description says:

We cover return within 30 days from date of purchase.

After that buyer responsible to return and pay for replacement shipping cost and to show proof of purchase date.

We don't do refund, we exchange.

Please contact us to check shipping cost for each item under warranty.

The warranty only covers failures due to defects in material and manufacturing and doesn?t cover normal wear and tear or cosmetic damage.

Item Should be return with original packaging and in Good Condition by Taking Photo with the date of return

If the problem that had caused the Service Engine Soon (SES) Light to come on, has not been Fixed Properly  the SES Light  will Reappear.  This May not occur until after Several Drive Cycles.

The SES Light may be Turned Off (Either Purposely or Inadvertently); and may take several Drive Cycles to Reappear.

3. The Seller has asked me to install a Part; which then will be Used and Not Eligible to be Retuned or Refunded?

Purge Valve Seller by Seller.PNG

Yet; when I click on the "Fitment Chart" for that item,  it tells me it does not fit my car. 
Fitment Chart Details.PNG

Though I try to tell them they have an Item that is Incorrect for my vehicle.. they insist they have made Every Effort to Ensure the Accuracy of the Product- and Ignore my Information.  Sellers, which have what looks like the Exact item as the One Fuel Line Pumps for my care; Seller are Saying is not for the Car... 

I believe there's too many Sellers - Cross Referencing Part #'s- and Subsequently, there's a Lot of Conflicting - Misinformation.
This is causing Mistakes in Orders!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Accuracy of Products

Do NOT install it!  Then you cannot return it.

On Your Purchase History Page to the right of the item id Return this Item because it is not as described.

If you receive an item that was not described accurately, you have eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

Open a Return Request to the right of the item on your purchase history and indicate the reason the item is not described accurately. You will need to include a photo.The seller has three full days to issue a prepaid return shipping label, ( if he wants the item back) or a refund in full. If there is no response from the seller by day 4, return to the case details on your Purchase History under Cancelled Invoices and click on Ask eBay To Step In

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Accuracy of Products

Thank You for Your Reply,

I have to agree with the steps you have suggested and Information, in getting this Order "Resolved"....

But the Post was only as a "Heads Up" of the Problems that are Presented - To Both Buyers and Seller - alike.

With the Technology being used, Mistakes are being made:
1. be it a Faulty System using the Provided "fitment charts", as a tool.

2.Human Errors in Cross Referencing Parts and Products; and/or
3. Lack of Communication and Clarification.  

Costly Mistakes!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Accuracy of Products

I make this additional Comment, because I rec'd and email asking If I got my Answer to this Post.  As I'll Reiterate; it's not about an Answer, it's about Mis- Information on Products being sold on the eBay Platform- and the Costly Mistakes Associated with it.

eBay has not yet Resolved this Issue.  

They had recommended that I keep communicating with the Seller, and Provide help in Returning the Item -  furtermore; they had Obligated me to Providing a Quote for Shipping and to Provide the Seller, with my PayPal address to send Payment. I Feel that was a bit of an Over-Reach.. However; I had complied but the Seller has Refused to Co-operate.

I may also point out that I am LOCKED OUT OF MY PAYPAL Account because I CANNOT Provide a Mobile Phone Number- and though I have Contacted them Several Times, they had not been able to Provide me ONLIINE Access.

eBay has also recommended that I ask Sellers for Pictures of the Items before I Purchase them... so it's yet to remain if the Seller is Responsible to Provide Accurate Information in the Listings.

If a Seller, Lists a 2 Door Car for Sale, and Shows a Picture of a Porcha, but Sends you a  Mazda MX-5 Miata- and Claims they are the same - because you can drive both of them.. Does the Glass Hold Water- and How Much?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Accuracy of Products

If the seller is from another country, s/he will have to send enough funds to cover return shipping, because the seller cannot provide a shipping label good in this country, or refund in full without having you return the item. If the seller does neither, click on the link to Ask ebay to step in, when it shows up in the case.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Accuracy of Products

Yes the Seller is from another Country.
You must have missed the part about asking eBay to Step In ...
And to Further Obligate me to Provide the Seller a means to Return the item-  by Providing a Quote and My PayPal Account Information for them to send funds to cover the Return Shipping.. - which I had done- though the seller is still not co-operating.

Additionally being Locked Out of My PayPal Account for Not Providing a Mobile Number!~

Perhaps a Better Title would have been "Buyer Beware!"

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Accuracy of Products

Overall, this has been a Disappointing Experience!
Though I was Finally Refunded by eBay- My Feedback for the Seller was Removed.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply