cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspension

I just opened an account 4 days ago and it has been suspended twice in just four days! The “explanation” for the last suspension was because I posted an item that could be personalized and a new seller can’t do this. I looked through EBay documentation and don’t find anything that says this. Anyone else have this happen?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Account suspension

If you offered a buyer a choice on the listing BUT it was not set up correctly as a variation listing that would be my guess. If that is what you mean by personalize.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/creating-listings-variations?i...

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/selling-practices-policy/ebay-fee-avoidance-poli...

Selling completely different brands, models, or types of items as choice listings, such as:

• Selling different brands or models (for example, listing an iPhone 6 and iPhone 7 in the same listing)
  • Selling items with different conditions such as "new" and "used"
For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Account suspension

Duration

Select how long your listing will run. If your item doesn't sell, you can choose to relist it. Learn more
Good 'Til Cancelled
To help you sell your item, fixed price listings can only be listed with a Good 'Til Cancelled duration. Listings renew automatically every month, based on the listing terms at that time, until all quantities sell or the listing ends. Each time a listing renews and whenever an item sells, you’ll be charged applicable fees.
Start my listings when I submit them

Schedule to start on

-Saturday, Jun 11

AMPM
PDT

Price

Buy It Now price
$
Best Offer
Increase your chances of selling by allowing buyers to negotiate a price. You can choose to accept, decline or make a counter offer. Learn more
Let buyers make offers. Allowing offers increases your chance of selling by 3-7% based on recent individual seller listing performance.

Quantity

Sell as lot
Group similar or identical items−for example, a case of batteries, three dresses, a CD collection−that you want to sell together to a single buyer.

Private listing

Keep bidder and buyer identities hidden from the public. Learn more
Allow buyers to remain anonymous to other eBay users

Make a donation

The eBay for Charity program helps you increase your chances of selling by letting you support a nonprofit. For your generosity, if your item sells, we give you a fee credit. Learn more
Donate a percentage of your sale to the charity of your choice and we'll give you a discount on basic selling fees for sold items

Payment options

Payments managed by eBay
When buyers check out, they'll select one of the payment methods offered by eBay. The funds will then be sent to your checking account. You can edit your payout settings under Payments in Seller Hub.

Require immediate payment with Buy It Now
Use this option if you want the buyer to pay immediately. Your item stays available for purchase until payment is complete. You need to specify a shipping cost to require immediate payment. Learn more
Additional offline payment methods

Sales tax

Charge sales tax for a single state or region, or set up a sales tax table for multiple states or regions. Learn more

Georgia
8%

Also apply to shipping and handling costs

Return options

Domestic returns accepted
International returns accepted
Returns will not be accepted unless you select domestic or international return options above. The item can always be returned if it doesn't match the listing description.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Account suspension

I have looked through the policies and just can't figure out WHAT I did wrong! I tried to copy/paste the information on the listing but it caused some errors. The item has a fixed price of $25.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Account suspension

The listing itself apparently is not the issue and they will not tell WHAT the issue is. I can't rap my head around WHY this is happening or why they refuse to help resolve it. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Account suspension

You do not need to specify the sales tax......... Leave it blank.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply