cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account settings

I have my items set up to restrict 0 feedback buyers and also have blocked buyers from certain countries. I just noticed that a 0 feedback buyer, from a country I have blocked, has bid on one of my items. How can this be?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Account settings

There is no way to totally restrict 0 feedback buyers.  You can limit how many items they can buy, but you can't block them completely.

If you look at the limit you're thinking of, it is indented to the quantity limit - it only applies to that limit.

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Account settings

You also cannot block "buyers from certain countries."   You can set a Buyer Requirement to block those with PRIMARY SHIPPING ADDRESS in a location that the item does not ship to but users are permitted to have their PSA in a country different from their Registration Address (what you see on their profile).  Be aware that many users with a Registration Address  outside the US use forwarding services here to buy items that won't ship directly to their countries. There is nothing wrong with that, and your responsibility ends when the item arrives as described at that given shipping address. Forwarding from there voids eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

There is one issue with dealing with foreign customers that isn't solved by shipping to the US: it incurs a higher fee from PayPal or Managed Payments. You could block foreign payments that would result in the higher fee in PayPal but you can't in Managed Payments. 

You are not required to ship anywhere you have not set up in the listing to ship to; the buyer must give a shipping address in a location you DO ship to to pay. If you don't hear from them file an Unpaid Item Dispute after 2 days and close it out after 4 days (or soon or maybe now after 5 days cancel as an Unpaid Item under the new unpaid item process, see the Spring Seller Update); if they do contact you and request you ship to a location you don't ship to you can cancel for problems with the address instead (but if they DEMAND it do the UID).

Message 3 of 3
latest reply