cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALERT: Feb. 27, 2017 Phishing! FAKE EBAY Phone call SCAM!

Hello Ebay community!!

Just a "Heads UP" message....There is a SOMEONE posing as Ebay calling members and trying to get valid Ebay members to sign up for a FAKE promotion.

They will adress you by your First Name and immediatley go into a "Pitch" about a false discount "Program" sounding very much like an actual Ebay representative...but they are NOT an Ebay representative (they are "CROOK'S").

Get It?

I was called TWICE today, 2-27-17 (at 11:46 am and 1:08 pm) by a young lady calling herself Andrien. Your phone will show "EBAY INC" (all capital letters) and the number of the caller will show 801-545-1800. That is a FAKE number originating in Salt Lake City, Utah...and of course, we all know that the real Ebay is in San Jose, CA.

Hang up on them and DO NOT call them back!

Do NOT go to the webpage they are asking you to go to: "Partner Network Ebay.com" it is NOT from Ebay.

I called and spoke to 2 Ebay representatives and both confirmed that Ebay did not call me and does not call you. 

I also spoke to a 3rd person today, an Ebay Security representative.

The security person confimed the call I recieved was FAKE and that Ebay was getting many reports about the number I reported (and posted above). Ebay is aware so GOOD ON YOU Ebay community!!

So, if you get a call from this number, or one like it, remember Ebay does NOT call their members. Ebay sends a message to your personal email and your Ebay messages area. They DO NOT call you....so, if you get a call, its a SCAM. 

Thanks for sharing and helping us all keep our trading place here on Ebay a safe place to buy & sell.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)