cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2% out of stock penalty

Hi Guys and Gals, I have an issue arise with eBay that really bothered me. Before I begin I am a huge fan of eBay and this is my primary selling site and has been for a while.

However, this week I was virtually cut off from posting or renewing because of lack of performance in the area of out of stocks which is 2%. I understand the need for rules and guidelines but I find it hard to find the overall logic to this.

I am not a large sales volume seller my customer rating is 100% and I take pride in it. But I believe the 2% rule is skewed to hurt and hamper the small volume seller.  I generally sell less than a 100 items a month probably closer to 50 items so if i have one out of stock it automatically penalizes me. However, a large volume seller of say 1000 items can have 20 out of stocks and still be within the norm. I spoke to an eBay representative who explained it was to protect customers who would be disappointed and I understand that but in a year I have only shorted 12 items total. Yet this month 69 of my listings were not renewed and I cannot post till next month.

i understand protecting the customer but aren’t we ebays customers as well? And I pay a fee each month to have 1000 listings. 

I don’t like to complain without having solutions as well it’s not productive so I believe this is just a matter of removing percentage and having a fixed number. I understand I disappointed a customer and none of us want to do that but in my opinion eBay has a flawed system that allows large volume sellers to get away with disappointing way more customers than a small seller is capable of. 

I applaud the community for the work it does and thank you for listening.

Planetx64

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)