cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Antique Asian Silver Belts! Chinese? Japanese? Thank you!

Greetings to these boards! I hope I'm in the right place for assistance with these awesome antique Pieces. They belong to a jeweler who thinks they are antique Asian belts; 900 Silver. Would love to know all I can, as I may be listing them for him. 🙂 The most amazing piece is the heavy belt with the attached "purse"? What is this object?? Reminds me of a Samurai belt?! I hope the photos are good enough. There are cuff bracelets too. And a Repousse Silver purse I didn't take a photo of. This is out of my area of "expertise", so appreciate any help!! Many thanks!!Asian Belt.JPGAsian Belt Flask.JPGBelts.JPGBelt buckle.JPGAsian Belt 002.JPGSilver Cuff.JPG

Curious Minds want to Know
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Not Japanese - I am sure of that. Some of the design themes, such as a sage riding a deer, are popular throughout Asia and the Middle East. Then there are the elephants - something you often see in souvenirs brought back from Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you for your help! But do you know any more about them?  Mostly their age? Glad to find out all I can. And could you tell me more about the images you see? Thanks so much! 🙂

Curious Minds want to Know
Message 3 of 3
latest reply