cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify Asian antiques: Chinese or Japanese

Dealing with Asian antiques is certainly not simple, and to be successful selling them there is much you need to learn, especially what you really need to know, the 5 basics:

Country of production

Dare of production

Quality of production

Condition

Value based on age condition and rarity

I have collected, bought nd sold, much cloisonne, lacquer, ceramics, bronzes, textiles, decorative pieces, utilitarian pieces and bought several shelves of books, when most of the information was not available on the internet in 2000+

I am writing this to help you if you need it. Ask away. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hello!  What a generous offer!  Thank you!

I am having trouble identifying this bowl.  From what I have pieced together through research is:  possibly 18th c. , 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Sorry… I’m new…lol

It’s tough searching for actual information on Chinese lacquer ware…if that’s what this is.  I have seen a couple of similar round bowls, ie. hand painted and lined with silver metal.  Those bowls were said to be 18th century Chinese lacquerware.  But that is it.  
It’s really cool.  The bowl tells the story of a tailoring family.

I see your post was made some time back.  If the offer is still good, I gratefully accept.  I really could use a learned opinion.

Thank you!IMG_1178.jpegIMG_1183.jpegIMG_1181.jpegIMG_1185.jpegIMG_1189.jpegIMG_1184.jpeg

Message 3 of 3
latest reply