cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did you meet your spouse/significant other?

I've always loved to hear stories about how people met. Want to share your story?
Message 1 of 1,529
latest reply
1,528 REPLIES 1,528

3birds3dogs
Enthusiast
Thank you for the comfort wheezer dog.

I don't know if things get easier as we go or harder.

Yet...were still here !!!!!!
Message 1516 of 1,529
latest reply

wheezerdog
Rockstar
3birds3dogs,
I know your Mom had experienced losing parents and there are some things our folks can't teach us but I assure you it never gets easy to lose someone and once you think you have seen the worst thing that could happen something worse happens.

For instance losing the shuttles.... then 9/11.

If God made everything easy we would never learn anything and it will be rather boring. Just remember everything happens for a reason and God will never let you down.

Message 1517 of 1,529
latest reply

wheezerdog
Rockstar
I meant parents and friends....
Message 1518 of 1,529
latest reply

wheezerdog
Rockstar
Message 1519 of 1,529
latest reply

wheezerdog
Rockstar
At work.... on second shift about 31 years ago in a small town in southwest Kansas. lol
Message 1520 of 1,529
latest reply

wheezerdog
Rockstar
Happy 2005 and have a great New Year.
Message 1521 of 1,529
latest reply

wheezerdog
Rockstar
Happy Thursday everyone!
Message 1522 of 1,529
latest reply

wheezerdog
Rockstar
TGIF Peanut....
Message 1523 of 1,529
latest reply

canac7
Thrill-Seeker
On the beach of Waikiki, 1979...........
got married 4 months later...on the same beach...still together...even tho the preacher who married us, said the chances of our marriage working was about the same as a snowball on that beach...I have said many times that , the old snow ball has gotten really hot around the edges at times...it is still however a snowball...=0)

~*Nora's Notions*~One Smile One Day at a time!
Message 1524 of 1,529
latest reply

sseacrest
Scout
We were both graduate students at colleges in different states and both went to a convention in Las Vegas as graduate students. He was with one group and I was with another. The head of his group was a professor and knew and was talking to the head of our group. My future husband came over and said that he was going with a group of students to see some of the sights of Las Vegas. I noticed him and thought he was cute but was NOT introduced and didn't see him again in Las Vegas. Didn't see him in Las Vegas after that. A month later his professor and he were both hired at a college in Ohio. I was also hired at that same college even though I didn't know either of them were there. He didn't remember me from Las Vegas but when introduced he took my hand. First we became friends and later we were married!
Message 1525 of 1,529
latest reply

wheezerdog
Rockstar
Neat story Sseacrest.... thanks for posting and Welcome to The Park!
Message 1526 of 1,529
latest reply

wolfsclothing
Enthusiast
in a car accident, ran into me and that was the end of my single life. I dropped the lawsuit too. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

tenebras expellit et hostes / He expels the darkness, and the enemy
Message 1527 of 1,529
latest reply

zinggrace
Trailblazer
I met Prince Charming as I call my guy over the phone. I was working for the local paper, he called to place an ad and I answered the phone. We started chit chatting over the course of a couple of weeks, we exchanged phone numbers, we met at the local sheriff department surplus auction, decided to go on a date, we shared a good night kiss, talk about chemistry (we knew we liked each other we just had no idea that we would "like" each other) the rest is history. We have been together since June '05. PC is one of the rocks in my life, he has been a major source of strength, encourage, love thru a difficult past 8 months.
Message 1528 of 1,529
latest reply

*madea*
Thrill-Seeker

Looks like a fun thread.

Post #11 and #13.

:^O

If you only have nice things to say, don't sit by me
Message 1529 of 1,529
latest reply