cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unidentified large 39" blue ombre ceramic lamp MCM?

Hi, when I did a google lens on this lamp, it took me to one identical, said it was a rembrandt, but when I clicked on the website (1stdibs), this particular lamp was no where to be found, so I don't know if it had already sold or what.  I cannot find any other information, my husband and I both have been searching.  And I wonder what shipping method I could use so as not to have a $100 shipping charge.

The auctioneer id'd this as art deco, but we believe it is more mid century-70's.  Does anybody have any clues about this lamp?  The black base seems to be metal.  It has a little bit of crazing in the ceramic part.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.  bluelampct.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

seems that similar are known.

https://cityissue.com/shop/lighting/monumental-rembrandt-lamp

this "flat braid" - for a better word - were also known in the transitional era between arts & crafts and art deco in ceramics.

I'm with you though - 60s to 70s.

fidbald_0-1700041167137.jpeg

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It looks like a mid century rembrandt lamp, have sold a few. Most of the pieces I had were not signed. If it was listed on 1st dibs, it was definitely a rembrandt. It has sold, that is why when you click the link you get nothing. Rembrandt lamps are usually pretty heavy, I ship mine via USPS using ground shipping. You can check UPS and Fedex if they are close to you, may be a bit cheaper.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply