cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyb body Date this by the items on it

This is cast medallion that moves to reveal 5 holes on the top of a safe compartment that has a key compartment on the bottom.

This safe is very old The family said they believed it was possibly a seal of tax collector in colonial america to one of the original colonys,  thyank you

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

since this item is too big to carry around to show the medallion to people who might could help you here is a way of making a replica of the medallion

take a piece of heavy duty tin foil about twice the size of the medallion

lay it over the medallion and with a soft cloth rub the tin foil over and over to "mold" it on the medallion using the soft cloth to push the foil in all the "cracks" - having the cloth a little on the damp side helps sometimes

when you pull the foil away you will have an "imprint" of the medallion that you can fill with plaster or wax or whatever liquid that will harden up and give you a replica

learned this from "grave hunting" because it is a good way to make a "cast" of a headstone that will not mark the headstone like chalk will

traveling incognito - I may be an old_coffee_cup but my coffee is supreme
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Your picture is dark and hard to see, is there any way you can lighten it and repost it? Thanks.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

thanks for the tip , what does your gut bsay about its age at first look colony

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

the photo is real blurry and I am not good at ages because I get too excited about anything older than me lol - it does look like a "flower" of some sort and Scotland "invented/perfected" banking so a more clear photo might show it to be a thistle - that is my guess but like the other poster said a more clear photo would help

traveling incognito - I may be an old_coffee_cup but my coffee is supreme
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks yes I will get clearer photos soon 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply