cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help! Antique Pipe

Hello All, I got this pipe at a estate sale. They did say that its a Meerschaum Pipe. It's very old and I did research and still can't identify what kind or age or value so I can put it up for sale. Thank you for your help! 😄 Donna Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket -- Donna
Photobucket
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Need Help! Antique Pipe

morefondmemories
Enthusiast
Donna, Check the metal fittings for maker's marks. It's a beauty! -- slenda www.FMAntiques.com
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Need Help! Antique Pipe

Ya got a real Gem their,will take a look at prices.....Post tommorow.....Thanks for listing.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Need Help! Antique Pipe

Thanks everyone! The only markings I see are the ones I show you on the first photo. I really need some help on this one. It's a old piece and I really need the $$$ but I don't know what to ask for it as well. I hope I didn't pay too much as well when I bought it. Smiles & Hugs to you all, Donna -- Donna
Photobucket
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Need Help! Antique Pipe

Hi........when i done a search....790 listings showed up around the web,some from $50.-to $775.....not sure if they go higher or not.......more research needed,hopefully someone will come along and add to this...........Have a great Day.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Need Help! Antique Pipe

I actually do not know if this qualifies as a "Meerschaum" pipe. See definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meerschaum But it is certainly a treasure & unusual! If you are selling it on eBay, calculate the least that you'd be happy if it sold for. Consider eBay & Paypal fees when figuring. Then list it with either that $ as your starting bid or as your reserve. Don't end up losing $ on this one. Don't let someone buy it for $9.99! It's UNUSUAL & that is what sells well on eBay! If you list it, post the auction on our Share your wares, maybe some of the group members would like to bid on it! (Me) ;) ~Kathleen
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Need Help! Antique Pipe

Hi Kathleen & All, Thank you for your help. I did look up the infor on Meerschaum as well and that did concern me b/c it doesn't fit the description. Well I will post it soon and hope all goes well. We can't always win them all but I sure will let all of you know. Someday there is roses and and then there is a thorns. Just makes us all appreciate the rose. Have a blessed day everyone!! Hugs, Donna :-x -- Donna
Photobucket
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Need Help! Antique Pipe

egsfitz
Enthusiast
Meerschaum is an extremely hard wood and the color of yours is consistant with other Meerschaum I've seen -- at least the bowl part. That is really a wonderful pipe!!!! Good luck & I hope you get big bucks for it!
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Need Help! Antique Pipe

Thank you so much for the information. I will put the auction up this weekend and give you all a showing of the auction. Thank you again and God Bless!!! Donna -- Donna
Photobucket
Message 9 of 9
latest reply