cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Peacock Brooch/Pin

Another "treasure" found in a junk drawer - this interesting Peacock Brooch.
We know absolutely nothing about it - age, maker, etc. There are no markings anywhere on it that I can see.

It is 2 3/16" long and 1 1/8" high. Gold & black in colour altho there is some loss to the black in areas (scratching). The brooch is actually made up of two pieces; the wing of the peacock is actually a separte piece and has been added to the body of the pin - on the reverse photo one can see where the wing is attached near the neck of the peacock. There is no "locking" piece for the pin part - the pin just sits inside the metal loop to close the brooch. Being as there is just the metal loop, I think this brooch might have a bit of age to it (?).
As I said, I see no maker's marks or anything anywhere on it but it would seem that the metal is not attracted to a magnet.... I have compared the colour to shiny brass and think it is a more gold-like colour but I am doubting that it is actually gold....

Anyone have any idea who might have made it? When it was made? Anything? 🙂

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Vintage Peacock Brooch/Pin

Not sure of the maker.  It is probably goldtone over copper since it won't attract a magnet.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply