cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML Code to add LOGO and COE to auction

The vintage jewelry logo should be visible in your auction but the Integrity Seal COE is a secret code for only group members to find. Here are simple step-by-step directions for adding both to your auction --it's easier than it looks. 1. Copy the 5 lines of text below by highlighting them with your mouse and clicking COPY. FONT COLOR=#FFFFFF Integrity Seal COE /TD /TR IMG src=2. Click START menu, choose programs, accessories, and select WORDPAD. On the Wordpad screen, right click and select PASTE. The 5 lines above should appear on the screen. 3. Minimize the Wordpad screen. 4. Select GROUP SEALS photo album from this home page. Right click on the cameo and select SAVE IMAGE AS. 5. Name the image (example: grouplogo) and click on SAVE AS TYPE. Choose JPEG. 6. Save to your picture or image file. 7. Move the image to your online photo storage site (photobucket, ebay, etc.) as you would any auction photo. Once it is saved on the site, right-click on the address. It begins with http:// and usually contains information such as name of your image host.com/image number/name of image.jpg 8. Maximize your WORDPAD page. Place your cursor directly after the equal (=) sign and right click. PASTE. 9.You MUST add the following symbols: < (usually found above the comma on your keyboard) to the beginning of each line, and > (usually found on the period key of your keyboard)to the end of each line. Do not add a space between the symbol and the text. 10. Save the WORDPAD file with a name you'll remember (example: VintageCode). 11. When you list an auction, open your WORDPAD document, right click on the code, highlight or Select All. Choose COPY. 12. If you use the ebay auction listing screens, add the code to the end of your description. 13. If you use a listing screen that formats html code for you, click the HTML tab and add code to the end of the description. 14. Preview your ad. The logo should appear at the bottom. Place your cursor at the top of the logo and slightly to the left. Hold your right mouse button. You should now see the hidden COE code. 15. When your auction is listed, the logo appears on the screen. You will see the secret code if you search both title and description for "Seal COE", or use your right mouse button as you move mouse above the cameo. NOTE: The above html works on a white background. If you use a colored background, delete FFFFFF from the font color text and replace with the 6-digit letter-number code of your background html, or with the word describing your color background (example: navy, teal) Suggestions, corrections, improvements to this post are welcomed and encouraged. If you have trouble with the above directions, please post your question, problem, or concern on this board so someone in the group can assist you.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

HTML Code to add LOGO and COE to auction

I still use ebay for picture hosting on my auctions. I use photobucket for easy uploading of photos to post here, etc., but I only use the free version, which allows only a certain number of hits a month - sufficient for posting a question, but not suficient for use in an auction. It occurred to me that my isp provides me with a free website, so I uploaded the logo to that, and pasted it into my auctions from there. I think most isp's provide this service. I must admit it's a lot more complicated to get a picture onto my website than to load one into photobucket! Sandra
Sandra
Please look at the Costume Jewelry FAQ for all kinds of info! Be sure to visit the whatsit website too.
Both on the message board, near the top.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply