Did you mean: 

Gold Pin 100 years old need help identifying

IMG_5440.JPGIMG_5439.JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, the

pin is Victorian era. At first glance it looked to be at Italian but now I know it has to be Russian by the buildings. Any chance of a direct view of the face of the pin? Some of these type of pins were micro mosiac, the tiles were so tight the scenery looked to be a painting.

Very nice by the way.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I don't think it's Russian.   They don't have a monopoly on onion domes.

Overall, itt bears a much greater resemblance to the Taj Mahal in India.  Google for images, and make a few allowances for artistic lnterpretation.

Lea
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Or take a look at another mausoleum, one of the largest in India:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jama_Masjid,_Delhi

I can't seem to get the brooch image to rotate, and I have a hard time comparing details from an upside-down view.

Lea
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

great pin!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

IMG_5440.JPG

"Free" shipping is like "free" kittens. Ain't no such thing.
eBay buyer and seller since January, 1998 - Former member of the "Answer Center Irregulars"....In memory of flowerpot.4
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Lea is right, buildings do look like the India pictures.I got fixated on micro mosaics and could only see it being Russian or Italian made. If a Painting, any artist visiting India could have made the painting. The angle of the picture just really throws me off. Face to face would show if there are any tiny tiles also there looks to be a gold pin back (mix?) metal.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply