cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bracelet and cuff links?

These do not match, but I just can't figure out what is missing from the bracelet, part of the closure is broken or missing, but the design is unique and beattiful.  And, non magnetic.  The cuff links are also non magnetic, copper.  I can't find a mark and I know nothing about cuff links.  How to date them, value them and such.  Neither the bracelet or links have any marks.  Any help wold be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Bracelet and cuff links?

Hi there.  I've dealt with a lot of cufflinks and men's jewelry, so maybe I can help you there.

First off, there's absolutely no hallmarks on the posts or back at all?  No shapes or symbols?  Also, I assume on the photo that the "pea" to slide into a button hole is fixed, and does not pivot?

Based on the shape and construction, I would say they date from the 1890s-1920s.  Determining a maker is very hard without a hallmark.  There was just so many makers during this period.  You can clearly see the underlying base metal due to wear, and is most likely brass.  Brass was commonly used in jewelry and copper would have more of a red color to it.

In terms of value, I have listed similarly made and period cufflinks for $30-$40.  Men's jewelry always sells very good for me, so there's certainly a market for them.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Bracelet and cuff links?

Nope, the backs are fixed.  And no marks at all.  

Thanks for our help.  I wish they did have marks on all the pieces I find.  Would make life easier.  Anyway, thank you again!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Bracelet and cuff links?

It's too bad they're not marked, but there's still value to them.  I've said this before in a post, that's it's too bad there's so much vintage jewelry out there that isn't hallmarked.  You would think the manufacturer or artist would want to be recognized for their craftsmanship.  Go figure.

Here's a link to the last similar set of cufflinks I sold so you can use for reference.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/311989780522

Granted these were marked with a patent date, and after a lot of Google Patent searching, I was able to document the maker.  These have a similar hand etched floral detail to the fronts, but each have a different design.  I listed them for $40 and after 3 months I sold them for $29.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply