cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due to severe recent winter weather in the Northeast US and flooding in California, communication, power, and transportation lines may be disrupted.

If you are involved in an eBay transaction with a buyer or seller in these regions, please note that their ability to communicate or complete your transaction may be delayed due to these severe conditions. We encourage you to be patient in this matter, both throughout the transaction and when providing feedback after your item arrives.

Rest assured that sellers need not worry about their eBay seller performance due to delays caused by these conditions. We will continue to monitor the situation and include any sellers who may be affected.

33 Comments

Thanks for keeping everyone upfated with the weather alerts. Very helpful!

Thanks

Thanks for info.

TY

I literally just had a client from Michigan inquiring about the delivery delay. Thanks so much for posting this info, it was definitely very helpful and much appreciated. Thank you so much. 

Thanks ebay we had no power for 4 hours today strong winds here in california

It's been raining cows and bulls in the city I live in. No problems getting packages shipped out.

most flights have been canceled or delayed at S California airports  I am right next to Anaheim was able to mail before the storm came in we have had a lot of rain and very high winds power lines down and some roads flooded in my town

Thanks for your understanding during the extreme weather we're having. 

Thanks ...

The weather updates are very useful!  Thank you!

I'm looking up, but a can't see any cows or bulls falling from the sky. Must be a California thing. Smiley TongueSmiley Very Happy

Good to know.  Thanks

Please remember the East coast as well when making announcements. We've suffered through storms that impacted our ability to ship due to no USPS pickup or delivery. Not a single announcement was made on our behalf and many sellers have gotten shipment defects and lost trs status because of it ... and ebay will not remove them.

THANKS--LONG ISLAND  NEW YORK WAS HIT WITH 9 INCHES OF SNOW -I LIVEON A DEAD END STREET  & LAST TO GET PLOWED OUT AFTER STORM TO GET TO POST OFFICE....CAN THE BUYERS ALSO SEE THESE ALERTS SO THEY DON`T BLAME THE SELLERS  FOR SLOW SHIPPING ???   

I need help I can't put my orders as shipped

Glad you keep us updated. Thanks for being proactive about situations that could potentially delay a shipmanet.

Thanks for the Update!!!!

Thank you. Hope the bad weather passes quickly!

It's dumping in San Jose, I'll still make it to the Post Office.... anyone in the Santa Cruz Mountains is going to have a tough time getting stuff shipped though!

Always Great..............Thanks for the Update!!!!

Thanks!

I feel like I was still impacted as a seller. My rating dropped from Top to Above Standard for the first time in years due to 'late shipment' rate. Several days during our severe weather (which hit twice in January) the carrier could not reach my packages for pickup due to severe ice. The packages were prepared, they just couldn't move. I definitely got a hit because of these days.

Thank you for the Update

These updates are helpful.  It would be more helpful if the Buyers could see them.  That way they will be aware that their purchase might be delayed even if they are not in a storm-affected area. I'm in the South, shipped Priority Mail to NY on Wed. She did not receive delivery of item until Tuesday and is asking for Shipping charge refund. Don't know what to do???

Thank you for your information.

Tnx

@rhubarbwild - I was told that if there was an official announcement on the eBay board, the defects can be removed by eBay CS. Mine could not because there was no official announcement. Call them and see.

Thanks

I shipped my item the same day they paid on Feb 13 and the item did not arrive across country until the 22nd but the buyer still left a negative. I explain the situation and asked the buyer to revise their feedback. They will not respond. I called eBay feedback review team member and they said eBay refuses to remove the feedback because it did not contain profanity. Between 2 accounts I have been selling on eBay for over ten years. They used to review and remove feedback based on facts, now they will not review unless it contains profanity. 

Storm with high winds hit parts of Southern Michigan. most Perople have had No power since March 7. After 5 days Consumers brought in other citys to get my power on. Finally today, now dealing with downed trees and frozen pipes.  Just  a heads up  to other Ebayers, it caused delays in shipping, I didnt see where there was a notice posted for the recent one including Michigan

Hello, can you please make a similar announcement about today's weather/Nor'easter blizzard in NYC and Long Island?! Today's storm impacted my ability to ship today. Thank you.

Thank you for adding the announcement!