cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due to recent severe winter weather in the northeastern US, communication, power, and transportation lines may be disrupted.

If you are involved in an eBay transaction with a buyer or seller in this region, please note that their ability to communicate or complete your transaction may be delayed due to these severe weather conditions. We encourage you to be patient in this matter, both throughout the transaction and when providing feedback after your item arrives.

Rest assured that sellers need not worry about their eBay seller performance due to delays caused by weather-related delays in this region. We will continue to monitor the situation and include any sellers who may be affected.

64 Comments

Same here. I just got ding for a late delivery. Im afraid there will be more. Is anyone from ebay going to respond to these comments?

Two defects from this time period (March 13) have already shown up on my account, so it appears that we need to call into customer service to have them removed manually.

Well, I guess I have to call ebay also. I have received  7 "uploaded tracking late" during the snowstorm and the days that followed. Just a reminder ebay, many of us had 3ft of snow and all of the shipping companies were CLOSED for days. 

What about, "Rest assured that sellers need not worry about their eBay seller performance due to delays caused by weather-related delays in this region. We will continue to monitor the situation and include any sellers who may be affected."  I knew that would not be the case.   It is never that simple.

This message was posted last week and it hasn't worked out this way for anyone.    

???? Its seems we will have to call ebay after all.

audrey_tracy
by audrey_tracy · News Team 03-16-2017 10:52:48 AM | Updated 03-22-2017 11:25:33 AM by trailmix
Options
Hi All - No need to call into eBay Customer Service. We'll apply the protections automatically on the backend. Thx! ~Audrey

Thank you for the information.

I noticed that I had been hit with tracking uploaded late on some items due to the storm and so I called in to have this fixed. I was told that they are not able to fix this manually and that I now have to live with this. 

I explained that we had 3' of snow and everything was shut down like most things in the northeast and that ebay stated that they would correct these issues.

I was just told again that they cannot fix these things manually and that with these dings I just got I am just hovering over the the minimum requirement for my top rated so I am fine for now.

Thank you. NYCEB

I too called Ebay and was informed the same thing, that they are not able to remove tracking uploaded late due to the fact that I still should have printed the labels. I explained to the rep that my post office only accepts packages on the date that the shipping label has on it and she said the post office will accept them for any date, which I was told the opposite by my post office. So I then contacted the official post office online and they provided me with where to find the information online and also stated in thier email reply they must be the same date or the labels need to be canceled and reprinted for the correct dates. Ebay has refused to corrrect this issue and it has indeed affected my seller performance score.

Hopefully Ebay will be just as thoughtful, insightful and understanding toward sellers  who have delayed shipments as a direct result of shipping to these areas affected by the storm and not just towards the sellers in the storm shipping out to unaffected areas.

I have one order we could not get to to pack so I couldn't upload tracking. Everything else was a standard size so I uploaded tracking. The 8 items in that order show up as late in uploading tracking info. 

These will not be counted until the April 20th evaluation. Hopefully by then ebay will fix it without every single seller needing to call in, wasting sellers and reps time.

What about Kentucky is it affected.  I have an item that needs to be shipped and have had no response for 9 days.  I'm in California.

wow great idea thanks 

I am in the mountains of West Virginia, schools closed for 2 days - could not get to post office, informed buyer who understood, lowered my rating from top seller.  Grrrrr