cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As our CEO Devin Wenig announced at ShopTalk earlier today, we’re launching an all-new selling feature this summer that gives sellers in the US more control over your delivery timing and the ability to guaranteed delivery dates on your items.

It’s called eBay Guaranteed Delivery, and it supports our ongoing commitment to provide you with the best-in-class tools you need to turn more of your shoppers into buyers—and increase your sales velocity.      

With Guaranteed Delivery, you’ll be able to guarantee a delivery date for your items, and buyers will be able to filter their search results based on the guaranteed delivery date they need. Guaranteed Delivery will also utilize two tools we recently announced in our 2017 Spring Seller Update: location-specific shipping rate tables that let you provide buyers with more accurate shipping charges, and a calendar tool that lets you customize the days you work and your cut-off time for same-day shipping.

To learn more about Guaranteed Delivery—and sign up for updates about this exciting new selling feature—please visit our dedicated web page. As always, thank you for selling on eBay

335 Comments

and this feature costs?????  like another unrealistic tool to make us do the extra work with no possitive results.

I believe eBay needs to focus on the functionality of their mobile app over adding more sorting features for buyers filter by a delivery date. What's the point of the filter if they're unable to check out?

Yeah, perfect if you are using Amazon Business as a drop shipper...

Everything else eBay is saying about guaranteed delivery is **bleep**. 

This is a program set up for Amazon drop shippers...because Amazon Business has guaranteed 2 day delivery and if you are doing enough volume, you can easily hit the $49 threshhold daily...sometimes hourly or every 5 minutes...

It's not about USPS. It's not about any of the **bleep** eBay says....

It's because this is eBay's new business model and I can go down a laundry list of eBay policy changes to accommodate drop shipping from Amazon, including guaranteed 3 day delivery...which is based upon...Amazon's guaranteed 2 Day Delivery.

eBay:  We can't compete with Amazon, but we have a platform. New eBay Motto: We serve up overpaying buyers to be drop shipped from Amazon.

Anything else eBay tells you about guaranteed 3 day delivery other than what I just outlined above....is guaranteed **bleep**. 

Just a way to make eBay into Amazon junior. Why not just initiate a 180 day-return window, A-Z claims and be done with it? "Guaranteed delivery"? On what planet does the CEO live?  Answer: planet Bezos!

It might happen in large metro areas but impossible in many graphic areas of the U.S.

The only guarantee service with USPS is express mail, but it is not guarantee to all areas overnight.

Amazon&Walmart have many of there deliveries handled thru the USPS probably most, and they have had to go to delivery on Sundays which was unheard of years ago.

It could probably be successful on a limited basis in large metro areas but no way in all of the U.S.

Sorry ebay it will not work, maybe with a few very large ebay sellers but I don't think so.

The best there has to be a fast mail service at a good price. Here I do not see well what ebay is doing. It will be a failure The ebay system is bad these past days I am losing money. Do not protect sellers only to buyers this has to be partial

If EBAY wants to Guarantee on time shipping then ebay should start their own warehouse.

The seller would have a two day handling time, send their product to the warehouse "with tracking number". The ebay warehouse can make the shipping guarantee to buyers and ebay can take the hit. This would Eliminate the cost to sellers from dishonest buyers or from errors from 3rd party shippers.

Ebay can't guarantee a delivery of a third party shipper. I use USPS and Fed X. Sometimes they take longer or get mis-routed. How is ebay planning on handling that? It does not happen often, but occasionally.

The more we the sellers are treated poorly By E-Bay the more chance of a competetor getting our business. I Know E-bay is the major player in this market but they keep making it harder for the sellers and thus providing opportunities for a competetor to take my business from them. I hope you think about that when we all go somewhere else with our products because it has become too expensive to use your service.

Yet another great idea from the eBay conference room? I have a question. Has ANYONE EVER offered a suggestion to eBay and had it accepted as being a reasonable thought - or even get an acknowledgement of their suggestion?

A better idea: Fair seller treatment!

I think this will be a great way to  compete with amazon.  In my industry people want guranteed deliveries.  I have read all of the reasons why this is bad and dealing with shippers can be painful, but for us this is going to be a great way to supply our industry.  We are excited to use this new tool to drive customers to our store.

Whenever my incoming priority shipments land in Kansas City, KS, I can expect they will then be in transit to my house for the next 3 days, 150 miles away. No guarantee from eBay is going to change the USPS.  

😞 I do not want to be responsible for my shipping companies lazy or incompetent workers. I have no control over them. Boo! 😞   If only USPS, Fed ex or whatever shipping company would guarantee it. 😞 It is bad enought that customers lie and ebay always takes their side. I can just see how this will work out!

eBay seems to be searching for an identical --- prime type of program. If that is the case, and it works, sellers may benefit. However, in the long run, items and eventually, sellers may gain very little overall if recalcitrants are downgraded and suppressed by Cassini .

@fashionvineyard

This is no where near what the Prime program is on Amazon.  It doesn't even compare.  Here are the benefits of Prime.  This compares to this Ebay program how?

The benefits include:

• FREE Two-Day Shipping on eligible items to addresses in the contiguous U.S. and other shipping benefits. For more information, go to Amazon Prime Shipping Benefits.
  • FREE Same-Day Delivery in eligible zip codes. For more information, go to Order with Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery.
  • Prime Now: Get FREE two-hour delivery or scheduled delivery on over 10,000 items, from groceries to electronics and more. Plus, get free delivery from your favorite local stores. Available in eligible zip codes only. For more information go to Prime Now.
  • Amazon Restaurants: One-hour delivery from popular restaurants for Prime members in eligible ZIP codes. Learn more at amazon.com/restaurants.
  • FREE Release-Date Delivery: FREE Release-Date Delivery on eligible pre-order items delivered on their release date to ZIP codes within the continental U.S. For more information, go to Release-Date Delivery.
  • Prime Video: unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes for paid or free trial members in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. For more information, go to About Prime Video.
  • Prime Music: unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime Playlists and more than a million songs for members in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. For more information, go to About Prime Music.
  • Prime Photos: Secure unlimited photo storage and enhanced search and organization features in Amazon Drive for you and the members of your Family Vault. For more information, go to About Prime Photos.
  • Prime Pantry: Access to Prime Pantry, where members can purchase and ship to addresses in the contiguous U.S. low priced grocery, household, and pet care items for a flat delivery fee of $5.99 for each Prime Pantry box. Prime Pantry orders cannot be shipped to addresses in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
  • Amazon Elements: Access to Amazon Elements products, Amazon's own line of everyday essentials.
  • Amazon Dash for Prime: Never run out of your favorite products with Amazon Dash Button. For more information, go to Amazon Dash Button.
  • Prime Early Access: Get 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.com. For more information, go to About Prime Early Access.
  • Kindle Owners' Lending Library: access to members in the U.S. For more information, go to Kindle Owners' Lending Library
  • Prime Reading: You can borrow books, magazines, and more from the Prime Reading catalog and read them on your Fire tablet, Kindle e-reader, or the Kindle reading apps for iOS and Android. For more information, go to Borrow Books from Amazon Prime Reading.
  • Kindle First: Early access for members in the U.S. to download a new book for free every month from the Kindle First picks. For more information, go to Kindle First.
  • Audible Channels for Prime: Get access to Audible Channels, a $60/year value, for free. Audible Channels includes unlimited listening to original audio series and playlists handcrafted for every interest. You’ll also receive access to Prime Exclusive Audiobooks, a collection of streaming audiobooks including best sellers, family favorites, celebrity-narrated classics and more. Just download the free Audible app and sign in with your Amazon account to start listening.
  • Amazon Music Unlimited: Prime members can get discounted Amazon Music Unlimited monthly plans and there are annual plans available exclusively to Prime members. For more information, go to Amazon Music Unlimited.
  • Video Add-On Subscriptions: Members can purchase Video Add-on Subscriptions to premium content providers. Browse available Video Add-on Subscriptions, or manage your existing subscriptions.
  • Deals and Discounts, Compliments of Amazon Family: These include 20% off diapers through Subscribe & Save and 15% off eligible products from your baby registry. For more information go to Get 20% off Diaper Subscriptions or About the Completion Discount.
  • Twitch Prime: Members get exclusive discounts on physical games pre-orders and new releases. Twitch.tv users who link their Amazon Prime account get ad-free viewing on Twitch, a free Twitch channel subscription every month, and exclusive access to free game content. For more information, go to Twitch.tv.
  • Membership Sharing: Two adults living in the same household can create an Amazon Household to share certain Amazon Prime benefits. For more information, go to About Amazon Households. If you have a paid Prime membership under your personal account you can share your shipping benefits with your Amazon Business user account. Go to Amazon Prime and Business Accounts.

LOL, I can't guarantee delivery dates. This idea is silly and most buyers don't stand around counting the days, anyway. Ebay=clueless. 

From the classic movie Tommy Boy  (cleaned up version) "I can take a dump in a box and mark it guarenteed, but all you're gonna get is a guarenteed piece of **bleep**."

stupied

how about helping the sellers

the first time i get dinged on this non sence i will leave ebay

This is just another way for Ebay to take money out of the seller's funds.  They guarantee things they should stay out of.  There is no need for this.  What is wrong with you?  Do you not care about sellers at all?  First you charge on mailing fees and now this.  Oh yeah, you are Ebay.  I am sure USPS will do what you say.

@seller_news_team wrote:

As our CEO Devin Wenig announced at ShopTalk earlier today, we’re launching an all-new selling feature this summer that gives sellers in the US more control over your delivery timing and the ability to guaranteed delivery dates on your items.

It’s called eBay Guaranteed Delivery, and it supports our ongoing commitment to provide you with the best-in-class tools you need to turn more of your shoppers into buyers—and increase your sales velocity.      

With Guaranteed Delivery, you’ll be able to guarantee a delivery date for your items, and buyers will be able to filter their search results based on the guaranteed delivery date they need. Guaranteed Delivery will also utilize two tools we recently announced in our 2017 Spring Seller Update: location-specific shipping rate tables that let you provide buyers with more accurate shipping charges, and a calendar tool that lets you customize the days you work and your cut-off time for same-day shipping.

To learn more about Guaranteed Delivery—and sign up for updates about this exciting new selling feature—please visit our dedicated web page. As always, thank you for selling on eBay

On May 6 I received a small package with an eBay shipment label. Since I wasn't expecting anything I noticed right away that the package should have been sent to the town of Kearney, about 25 miles away. When I went into town I dropped it back off at the post office but, it won't be back on a truck until tomorrow (Monday) and won't be delivered until Tuesday.

Tell us, eBay, are sellers going to be charged, fined, receive some sort of mark against our account (or other challenge) because this package was misdelivered, even though it is CLEARLY, not the sellers fault nor is it my fault.

As we've experienced so far, it would seem that the customer could claim non-delivery at worst, or untimely delivery in the least. It seems that guaranteed delivery cannot be made when the seller (and eBay) MUST ONLY relay on third parties for the delivery of their sales. Consequently, according to my cousing (law degree and former Prosecuting Attorney, a case might be made that the policy encourages false claims against honest sellers, hardly an honorable trait or objective. 

I think it's great.   Thanks for recognizing the need for this on ebay.   Buyers want to know what Sellers ship things out right away (same day or next day of purchase ) and offer Express Shipping Options.  That's what ebay is saying.  The Sellers that offer those services can stand out and be sorted by that service.  

I've been a seller on ebay since 1999 I've grown with ebay.  I'm a small home based business but I ship out the same day, or next day if received after cutoff.  I offer Expedited and Express 2 day and Overnight shipping.   I'm happy ebay is promoting the sellers who can provide this.  

Customers love the fast shipping.  You buy something you want it fast.   You have buyers who are buying gifts, or parts and are in need of  timely shipping.    Business Customers who have FedEx accounts and need to know what sellers can handle that request.  

ebay is setting a standard for others to realize that some of our customers want that service. 

Understand not every seller on ebay can offer that.

Thank you ebay, I think it's a great idea to bring in more customers.  

the CEO should read the comments, USPS and others have flaws when it comes to delivery dates, how can the seller make any promises?, eBay should promise ship dates which is more manageable. bad idea

Just an example of WHY THIS WON'T WORK.....Case in point....2 packages associated to me were just "lost" in USPS Mail. 1st shipment was coming TO me w/expected delivery date of 5/2/17. Ship date showed 4/29/17 in tracking. It never showed up. I think that the seller uses drop shipping from a supplier & her supplier was not good about shipping promptly. But that's not my problem. I had to go looking for the same product elsewhere for my own custom order for handmade goods. I had to ask for a refund. I will not leave negative feedback because I UNDERSTAND.  A 2nd shipment was going FROM me to a customer in Los Angeles CA area. It was routed to the wrong zip code BY THE USPS and was delayed. "Expected delivery date" by USPS tracking was 5/3. There was a note by USPS in tracking explaining a "delay" but that, again, is not my problem but it becomes my problem. It had also shipped out around 4/29.  I had to place a missing mail request for that one to appease my customer. Now I won't leave bad feedback for a shipping glitch because I get it but my customer may have needed her items for a gift or a deadline of her own...and she might not be as kind. So I'll get a knock for part of the process that was not of my doing.

Customers are ALREADY notified when a package has been shipped by me. Of course, this only means, truthfully, that the label has been generated. But I am diligent about shipping same day or by next morning. 99% of the time, my packages are packed up & make to the mailbox outside my house w/in an hour of payment notification. Perhaps there are many sellers out there that do not follow their own deadlines so customers were getting grumpy about not receiving quickly. Not all customers are going to get the details behind how the process actually works. They just want their stuff.

Also, I still have to say that when you have "staff" working for you in your ginormous eBay stores w/warehouses yada yada yada, you are going to run into snags. Employees sluff off, get distracted, don't get the right info, & miss the deadline. That's not my problem. That's the seller's logistics problem. For sellers like me...the SMALL seller who pays attention to EVERY detail & hand packs the items HERSELF...this process is already being followed, basically. BUT WHY FORCE IT. Don't punish the rest of us. It's stupid.

The ONLY thing good about this idea is that I will be able to structure my work week so I am not checking, looking, and packing 24/7. I will be able to choose my work days which is OK because I will be able to schedule other things around it.

Once again, I say...why is eBay so hot to be like Amazon? To be honest, Amazon customers are among the most whose accounts get hacked. The way that items are packed is a down right shame. There's more to making sales a success than just throwing an item into a box with a little bit of kraft paper & slapping a label on it.

So to me, this is basically a lot of bull pucky. If eBay thinks that having a "guarantee'd delivery" in 2 days is going to work, I'll eat my hat.

Just an update here:  due to recent suspected FedEx Overcharges I started to offer USPS Parcel Select (2-9 day delivery) plus USPS Priority (2-4 days approx) ... nobody seems to want to spend the extra $$ on Priority for a quicker delivery.  They seem to prefer less expensive shipping costs.

Additionally, some other potential issues ... our local internet provider hit us with a 13 hour shutdown due to repairs from storms that came through the area.  The storms were NOT severe enough to be mentioned by eBay on the Annoucement board but severe enough locally to bring down some main lines ... so if the 13 hour shutdown were to have occurred at the wrong time in a print label cycle to meet a deadline we would have been out of luck. 

Now, I will say that there "may" be times when guaranteed delivery is legitimately required by a Buyer and I firmly believe that in those instances the Buyer simply can not take the risk of not getting an item late.  However, I think that those instances are more the exception than the rule.  I would just hate to see eBay set itself up for some financial losses due to Buyers taking advantage of the system.

LOL, Sorry, I can not Guarantee the work of anybody other then myself.

idiots

@caking1960 wrote:

Pretty convenient that eBay is offering a new selling feature and yet eBay doesn't even sell anything.  Think about that - eBay is pushing a guaranteed delivery selling feature and has zero clue about the actual selling process.  Go eBay!

I understand the sentiment but I believe this has more to do with eBay offering the same services as their competition.  They are of course at risk because they are basing this decision on the Shipping companies being able to deliver on time as well as Buyers being honest.  Those two things will come with a certain % of packages that fail the delivery guarantee and as long as the Seller has their Acceptence scan within their handling time then eBay pays for the loss.  There are just too many variables for a company to guarantee what a 3rd party does in a situation like this.  We recently had a 13 hours interuption with the local internet provider because of some local storms ... it affect a large area BUT nothing that would warant eBay to annunce delays in the area.  BUT, if a Seller had to get their label printed and item shipped along with getting the Acceptence scan (for thier protection) during that 13 hour period they would have been out of luck.

Not sure if you or anyone noticed that eBay's major competition just recently announced that they hope to be able to offer Newspaper delivery within 2 hours of an order ... not sure what size market that is because printed news is a severely declining industry and in order to make that offer they would have to have an inventory of newspapers within a 2 hour drive of every address that the offer covers ...

What about Canada??

@christiaanrichter

What specifically do you mean?  The updates being discussed are on the US site.  For any changes to the Canadian site, I assume you need to check your announcements specifically for that site.  

I do find your remark sarcastic and annoying:-  

"I assume you need to check your announcements specifically for that site"

Don’t care if I search on ebay@com or ebay@timbatoo.

Before say hi and goodbye to ebay, let me try and explain in easier terms; Never had any problems to pay tax or (more) for shipment. My frustration did start around May 2016, only 50% of the items purchased from china arrived in my hands (several parcel's took between 3-4 months).

Ebay have to investigate if the items are shipped by the 'seller/supplier/ warehouse' or if the international mail services in china are working properly or if  Canada Post are trashing or sending items back because they are not getting paid to deliver this freebie ‘free shipments’ ?

Do note 95% of the time using ebay is to source electronic component's etc. from Asia.

o know that there are thousands of Canadians with the same problem when looking on the social e-media.  

Not happy at all.

@christiaanrichter

Well it wasn't meant that way!!!!  

It is doubtful that this thread will be able to help you with your specific concerns above.  I can certainly see why what you say is a concern to you.

I see a lot of people are still upset because eBay is forcing sellers to guarantee delivery time...this is just plain wrong! eBay is making the guarantee and eBay will pay if the shipper fails. All sellers have to do is make sure they purchase postage and get their packages to the shipper in a timely manner. Because eBay knows that shippers don't always scan packages promptly... we are only expected to have 90% of our packages scanned on time. I think this is very doable. The guaranteed delivery policy is not meant to hurt sellers...it exists to help us! eBay must be competitive with other platforms such as Amazon...so offering guarantee delivery, eBay is helping all sellers. This is also going to shine a light on the slow delivery times from China which will give all US sellers an edge. Come on everyone...don't cry before you're hurt! Give "Guaranteed Delivery" a chance... I think it will help us all!

@partsgalore1

I see a lot of people are still upset because eBay is forcing sellers to guarantee delivery time...this is just plain wrong! 

Ebay is NOT "forcing" anyone to do anything.  There are two options under this policy and both options are VOLUNTARY.  If you want to participate, you can, if you don't want to participate, you don't have to.  There is NO penalty for not participating.

eBay is making the guarantee and eBay will pay if the shipper fails.

Only in certain cases.  This is NOT true for many situations.  On listings that offer free shipping, if the buyer complains the stuff didn't arrive on time and it is true, then Ebay will issue the buyer a coupon or something.  But if the buyer complains about late delivery and the seller had stated shipping, the seller can be made to refund the buyer.  If it is late and the buyer wants to return the item, the seller will be paying for that too.  So I suggest you look a little closer at the two different options and decide if either is a good idea for you.

I actually kind of like the first option that is on shipping on time only and if I offer free shipping on my items, there is a minimal risk.  But the D2D [door to door] option is not something I would sign up for, but could be appropriate for a much larger seller.  

This is also going to shine a light on the slow delivery times from China which will give all US sellers an edge.

I find this doubtful and it isn't likely that they will even qualify to opt into this program in the first place.

If you only read the posts on this thread [link below] that are made by Ebay employees, I think you can benefit from the information provided.  

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Weekly-Community-Chat-March-22nd-1pm-PT-eBa...

@christiaanrichter  wrote: What about Canada?

When it was first proposed and announced it was for US Sellers delivering to US addresses, I believe in the lower 48 (I think it excludes Alaska and Hawaii, but I could be wrong). 

I don't see how Ebay can give a Guaranteed Delivery Date, unless their employees pick up the packages and deliver them themselves. Once we drop the packages at the post office, neither the shipper or Ebay has any control over when the packages will be delivered.
I got dinged a couple months ago for a package that was delivered late, according to tracking. Even though I did my part, I still got dinged.
The post office can only give an estimated delivery date, how can Ebay give a Guaranteed Delivery Date?

Nothing I can add that hasn't been said but this is just another of eBay's decisions designed without the need for it, designed with nothing in mind, designed to solve nothing and designed to help no one.

It's based on nothing more than one of eBay's executive's pat myself on the back "feel good gestures" that they promote as good sound business.

Ebay is the laughingstock of online auctions. From first to worse and the one's responsible continue to rake in millions and millions as they laugh all the way to the bank.

I would like to know when eBay is going to do more to protect the sellers. In regards to "guaranteed delivery", the seller is responsible for the buyer receiving the item, no matter what. I'm at a loss in understanding how a package can be tracked with a status "Out for Delivery", then no further information. The buyer then claims they never received the package, and now the seller is responsible for dealing with any issues arisising from the incompetency of the USPS.  There needs to be some other protection in place that releases the seller of taking the hit and being the sole liable party.  Sellers can't guarantee anything when it comes to buyers receiving their packages on time, or even at all for that matter, when they are at the mercy of the USPS, and policies that more protect the buyer, than the seller.  Policies which are already in place that seemingly protect the seller are rarely enforced, or the seller is put into a situation that makes them damned if they do, damned if they don't offer returns, affecting FV fees and seller status. eBay favors on the side of the buyer even when it is quite clear that they are violating the "buyer remorse" policy, again leaving the seller at the mercy of no protection. Now, eBay wants to put the sellers in even more problematic situations than will only leave us holding the bag.

The way I see it, the only Guarantee is if it doesn't get to the buyer, the seller pays either by giving a refund or shipping another item to the buyer. Either way the seller loses. The only way a seller can protect themselves is through purchasing USPS insurance. That only increases the cost to a buyer AND the sale will go to another seller because of the lower cost from the other seller who doesn't purchase insurance or charge the buyer for it. BTW, Priority Mail has built in insurande for (I think) $50.

On the other hand, in the nearly 700 oackages I've shipped through USPS, only one was "Lost" because the buyer, perhals liar, said they didn't "GET" the item even after it was listed as "DELIVERED" in USPS records. 

What sellers should realize is that the "Guarantied Delivery" program only refers to the Shipping Charges.

The way I understand it is if the packabe is shipped late and/or it arrives late, the buyer is credited ONLY the shipping charge. If the seller uses "Free Shipping" for their item, eBay give the buyer a coupon for the shipping charge and it costs the seller nothing. If the seller charges shipping charges, the seller is responsible the the shipping charge.

Finally, "Guaranteed Dellivery" is an "OPTION" and sellerd do not have to OPT-IN. So if you don't want it, don't choose that option.

As a Seller we can not guarantee a spefic delivery day since we do not control UPS or USPS or other carriers.  I worked at a medical supply company for years-those were patient that we were shipping the items to and we knew we would be setting ourselves up for underdelivering and over promising if we Guaranteed a delivery day.  We would let them know that thier medical supplies were shipping  out 2-day shipping, but to always reminded the patients to have emergency supplies on hand due to that FACT that we do not and can not control shipping.  Please do not offer Guaranteed Shipping Delivery Date.

Sure, many items will get there on time, but it is still setting the expectation that we really can't follow through with.  PLEASE Don't set us up for over promising something that we can not control!

so sellers will be responsible for something that they have no control over??

@jbbowers12012

so sellers will be responsible for something that they have no control over??

It is a marketing tool.  This marketing tool isn't a good fit for all sellers.  There are TWO options in this program.  The D2D option is more suited for very large sellers.  The HT option can be a good option for small and mid size sellers.

Either way, if this isn't something you want to do, it is simple.  JUST DON'T OPT INTO THE PROGRAM.  It is as simple as that.  If you feel you understand both options in the program and they aren't your cup of tea.  Just ignore it and do nothing.  You will then be just as you are now.  

@Blogging Staff

I have to admit that this Blog is frustrating. Pretty much everyone want's to know about this NEW(?) Program but there is no information here that is credible. Quite a while ago I asked what is the program all about and I was told, just read the Blog. Yeah, Right. I think back then there were about 1700 entries. I read a bunch and have been reading all entries for weeks and know now nothing more about the "Supposed" program. There are apparently two optiong, D2D and HT. 

I guess D2D is door to door but WHAT IS IT AND HOW DOES IT WORK.

HT has me completely baffled/ What the "H" is "HT"? And of course how does that option work.

Perhaps if the Blog had a link to the information it wpould be nice, I know there is a reference  there is a place to find the information but there is no Link or any sort of a direction how to get there.

So, perhaps, some of the Blogging Staff would fill me and everyone else what the "H" this "Guaranteed Delivery" is all about!

@mam98301

Thank you.

Picking USPS Priority mail flat rate padded envelope to mail and Ebay is sending it as a 1st class package which I can't track outside the US and there is no insurance! It is creating many problems for me and I'm losing money! USPS said it has notified you ?"

My carrier told me her supervisor told her not to scan any packages on her route. They will be scanned later at the plant. That's what I need, improper tracking by eBay's one and only..... USPS!

@kishass724

That is an issue you need to take up with your local PO.  Ebay played no part in that.  Place the blame where it belongs, at your local PO.  Call and talk with the postmaster.  Explain your issues and ask for a resolution to the issues.  Don't point fingers or make them feel like they are under attack.  Just talk to them, explain what you need.  I did when we moved a few years ago.  I had issues with my local PO and in talking to the local postmaster, I got all my issues resolved for 99.9% of the time.

I guess my problem with Guaranteed Deliver is not with the Delivery itself but with eBay's attitude about Buyers and about Sellers.

If there is any issue, I don't believe, even if everything verifies the seller did everythnig right, when a buyer complaines, even when the buyer is obviously LYING, eBay sides with the buyer and the seller pays.

One situation just happened this week. A buyer bought an item from me and I shipped it. The buyer complained that my item was "defective" and used eBay's return policy. When I got the item back, it had my original label on it, underneath the return label. The package had NEVER BEEN OPENED.

Rather than give a more detailed explination, let me just say, it was obvious my package had never been opened by the purchaser. I called eBay and said I didn't want to refund the cost of the return postage. Plus, that I felt I should not refund the origina;l postage.

The reps, (yes REPS, I spoke to two), said the proof I had didn't matter and if I escalated the matter I'd get a defect because I didn't give a full refund ... and that was that.

Thanks you eBay for your support.

Another problam which is more to the point of deliveries, in another situation, I shipped an item to a custiomer. They said they never reeived the package, even when the USPS Tracking

indicated it was delivered to his mailbox. Again, I called eBay customer support and was told, the only option I had was to give my customer a full refund.

Sso, when the buyer claims late delivery, or non delivery, who is eBay going to believe. The USPS Tracking or the buyer? I think the answer is obvious. The seller is going to pay.

Thank you eBay for your support.

To me and many other sellers, my question is what support are we going to get from eBay when the customer says they didn't receive it on time or didn't receive it at all, when the USPS tracking says they did ... OR ... When the USPS "F's-Up" and doesn't scan an item when it is picked up and it isn't scanned until the wee hours of the morning when it reaches a processing facility. BTW, I've had that happen many times.  Or what about the many times the USPS says an item is out for delivery but there is no delivery scan.

I'm sure that the scammers (and downright thievs) are going to have a field day with this NEW program. So my question is when is eBay going to start supporting their sellers? 

I know the current lack of support for sellers makes me question if any part of Guaranteed Delivery is worth it for me, or any seller. I know this is a program that a seller has to OPT-IN, but given that having to refund postage kills about half the profit I make on the average sale. I can only speak for myself, but I question if it is worth the effort to make so little for so much effort.

At least that's the way I see it.

@justmarv

I know the current lack of support for sellers makes me question if any part of Guaranteed Delivery is worth it for me, or any seller. I know this is a program that a seller has to OPT-IN, but given that having to refund postage kills about half the profit I make on the average sale. I can only speak for myself, but I question if it is worth the effort to make so little for so much effort.

It may benefit you to read through what the policy actually says.  The HT option is not that bad at all IMHO.  D2D really is more suited to large sellers not the average or small seller on Ebay.  Way too risky IMHO.

In part it says:

If a seller chooses the handling time option and meets their same-day or one-day handling time commitment, eBay recompenses the buyer if a guaranteed item is delivered late.

If a seller chooses the door-to-door option and the item is delivered late, the seller recompenses the buyer. However, in the case that the buyer wants to keep the item and shipping was free, eBay will provide the buyer a coupon to be used toward a future eBay purchase.

Sellers who choose the handling time option are required to guarantee same-day or one-day handling time, and eBay guarantees the delivery date. If an item arrives late even though the seller met their handling time, eBay will refund the buyer’s shipping cost or pay for their return label. If the buyer wants to keep the item and shipping was free, eBay will provide a coupon to be used toward a future eBay purchase. In all scenarios, eBay will handle customer service.

I do encourage everyone to visit the link below.  It is always in your best interest to make a fully informed decision that one based in gossip from the threads.  It is clear that many people posting on this subject have not taken the time to even read the policy.

http://cc.ebay.com/guaranteed-delivery/#faqs