cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will you be allowed to use pictures in description box in spring 2017.

I have ben to0ld by 2 reps after calling in to ebay that you will not be able to use pictures in description box spring 2017. I passed this information on to my collages but they do not believe me. First of all is this true?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stampinsisters wrote:

I have ben to0ld by 2 reps after calling in to ebay that you will not be able to use pictures in description box spring 2017. I passed this information on to my collages but they do not believe me. First of all is this true?

Hi stampinsisters,

You will still be able to include pictures in the item description box, however some descriptions use active content to include a picture gallery with interactions like mouse-over zoom or auto-scroll.  It's only those cases that use active content to display images that would have to be changed to remove active content.

Thanks for selling on eBay!

Justin

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@stampinsisters wrote:

Hi stampinsisters,

You will still be able to include pictures in the item description box, however some descriptions use active content to include a picture gallery with interactions like mouse-over zoom or auto-scroll.  It's only those cases that use active content to display images that would have to be changed to remove active content.

Thanks for selling on eBay!

Justin

Does that mean Auctiva's and inkFrog's scrolling galleries will not be permitted any longer?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:
Does that mean Auctiva's and inkFrog's scrolling galleries will not be permitted any longer?

That is correct. Those galleries (and the galleries I provide) will be blocked next year.  Plan your phase-out accordingly.  I am developing a stripping tool, so if you need help, just ask.  It is likely that eBay will provide an alternative or controlled promo-gallery outside the listing frame. 

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply