eBay Cafe
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Remove Phone Number?

Hello Is there a way to remove your phone number so a seller cannot see it? I've gotten several phone calls from sellers who I bought from. Never expected it ... Thanx

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 16 replies
  • 6 helpful

Jaws - The Movie

Wed 4-1-2020 9:12 a.m. Note: This is not an April Fool's gag. I was watching the movie Jaws (by Steven Spielberg) last night while I was rebuilding airtools. During the movie, the local sheriff of Amity Island wants to close the beaches due to the po...

I violated our County's "Stay at home" policy (because I didn't know we had one!!!)

Yep, I learned when I got home that our county has now enacted a Stay at Home Policy and that may apply to going to the post office to ship packages or the bank to deposit checks ... the latter what a trip because they only have the drive through win...

What's Your Good News?

Only positive news on this thread! There are so many people doing some really good things. We need to hear about it! Drew Brees donated 5 million bucks to the virus fight!

suddenly it hit me

So far I've been as cheerful as a person who is not sick or with a loved one or friend who is sick can reasonably be. For a while I slept a lot but then went back to my normal sleep pattern. But today it hit me like a ton of bricks, call it covid, jo...

User avatar by Guide
  • 3 replies
  • 1 helpful

Selling in a B&M store during this crisis...

Ebay is a part time side business for me. I work full time selling in a B&M store that sells outdoor power equipment and parts. Our State is on manadatory lockdown/shelter in place just like most states. My line of work has been deemeed "essential" f...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 85 replies
  • 5 helpful

Now there's no doubt eBay has all these artificially inflated markets created

Now it's spreading out to every day items that you wouldn't think like gym equipment due to the nationwide mandatory health club closures. There's stuff like sets going for the price of a car. And 25 lb dumbbells that wouldn't even go for thirty doll...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

I would not buy ebay stock because ...

I would not invest in ebay stock for a number of reasons:1) The management gives away its profits from my efforts to buyers, not because they have proven that they deserve refunds, but just to keep them happy or to get them off the phone. I have expe...

N95 face masks

A truly wonderful thing happened today! Since I've had no sales in the last week, I was in my cellar going over the supplies I had stored during my "prepper" days. Lo and behold, I found a new box of 20 N95 face masks! I was besides myself with joy--...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 9 replies
  • 6 helpful

EBAY IS SECRETLY WORKING AND EXPOSING ANTIQUE IVORY COLLECTORS ON EBAY TO THE FEDS

eBay is secretly working with the federal government to trap and attack antique ivory collectors and have them prosecuted even though eBay is the biggest source of ivory purchases and sales in the world. eBay sells more ivory each year than most all ...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Quality Control of Products on Ebay have declined

Ebay is not longer what it used to be, the products I once purchase on Ebay would be close to 100% on the mark, now about 50% of the items I purcahse on Ebay are either substandard or not as described. Many vendors are purchsiing imperfect batches an...

Business closures in NYS

The Gov of NY State has ordered all non essential businesses to close this coming Sunday evening. Not sure yet if folks like me that work from home will be able to keep working at all.

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

OT: positive things

I'm making a list in my mind of positive things. Top of the list is a healthy family. Followed by supermarket wonderfully stocked except for toilet paper and corn tortillas. IT was way worse about a week ago. Nice weather and many beautiful bulbs and...

User avatar by Guide
  • 7 replies
  • 5 helpful
Labels