eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

eBay Cafe

Keep you location very vivid -- please.

Here on the East Coast we are having more rain then snow.  In fact, our winter was really in December not January for sure.  It was 60 degrees the other day.

Hope everyone stays safe and warm.

eBay Cafe discussion

Jan 23, 2015 5:02:10 PM PT

What is your weather?

Hello there, I have been an ebay seller for over 9 years. First off I would like to say we were put into a hole by a computer that is makeing decisisons over people. We have never been below standard before and we were placed below standered over night from a powerseller/gold standard. We first have had our 3rd seller without resolution case against us in Oct. We tried to help a guy out who purchased a auto programer for his car. He recieved it and it wouldnt connect to his car because it was till attached to another car. We communicated with him and he said ill send it back and if you can get it disconected just send it back. We then had him ship it back. When it got here on Thursday evening we should of had a full 4 days before they counted it against us. Without our knowledge or a message from him on that Sunday he esclated the case and it went to ebays hands. The item was refunded by Ebay that Monday. I tried to show them everything but it didnt matter because they said because he took so long to send it back it counted in the days. We were knocked down from $75,000. In sales to $24,000 over night. Then the next month we were droped to 15,000 and I called and they pushed me back up to $18,000 because he said that he knew that it was a weighting game and that we had to wait for the one in december 2013 to drop off the account before they would look at raising it. So at this point we are at $18,000 saleing limit. Then last month because they do there review on the 20th and the case droped off on the 26th they droped out account to $13,000. Now let me mind you we do on average $20,000-30,000 a month in ebay sales. In order to have those kind of sales you need to have listed at any givin time 50-60k in merchandise. They have dug us in a hole and our account has not changed we are not a bad seller. Never had a problem 1. They litterly put us in a whole where we still cant do anything until feb 20. At that point I dont believe they will give us back our selling limit of $75,000. How can they do that to the people that are supporting Ebay putting up with the buyers that are screwing us to the endth degree. But they will flat out tell you that they are for the buyer. I can tell you I was watching the news and they are laying off 1200 employees. You would think you could talk to someone who has a brain but they are all like robots. Doesnt matter how much you have sold only how many items. They will never make it and Im telling you someone needs to come in with a better platform. There site is like working on a dinisor website. They cant keep up screwing the sellers. We have choose to take our business to Amazon who is going to start us out with a $100,000 Selling limit. Thanks Ebay

eBay Cafe discussion

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a popular topic with new unread messages
3 9980
This is a popular read-only topic with new unread messages 13 10
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 197 105
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 324 313
This is a topic with new unread messages 1 7
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 787 445
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 2 12