cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N95 face masks

A truly wonderful thing happened today! Since I've had no sales in the last week, I was in my cellar going over the supplies I had stored during my "prepper" days. Lo and behold, I found a new box of 20 N95 face masks! I was besides myself with joy--not for myself though.

My son-in-law is the medical director and department head of his small Kansas hospital. He has prepared the staff as much as he can but is frantic about the lack of supplies he knows he's going to need. In fact, he's instructing the Ladies Auxiliary how to make face masks for the doctors to use, and reuse, when they're needed.  Since his birthday is at the end of March, I've gift wrapped the masks and will send them out on Monday.  Just wish I could be there to see his face!  Every little bit helps each and every one of our medical staffs and I would encourage anyone out there to donate any kind of supply like this. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

N95 face masks

@flp 

AWESOME!!!  You are a true patriot!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

N95 face masks

Thank you for your contribution! Nothing is to small. I hope many more will follow. ❤️

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

N95 face masks

Kudos to you!!!!

I am in the Seattle area and we have been hit hard, the local hospitals have put out the word, if you have masks please donate them. Our local director said they usually use 250,000 per year in their hospital, they have used that many so far in the first 3 months of 2020.  The need is great and will only get worse as this spreads.

lisa5768
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

N95 face masks

My nyc neighborhood hardware store had a sign in the window saying they had these masks for sale.

They were asking $10.00 for 1 of these paper 😷 masks, 5 for $50.00 which I thought was highway robbery.

They were cheap looking made in China things and I’d imagine only be good for 1 wearing without getting grimy & dirty.

To me 👀 looked like a $.35 item not a $10.00 item.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

N95 face masks

@jewelbiz wrote:

My nyc neighborhood hardware store had a sign in the window saying they had these masks for sale.

They were asking $10.00 for 1 of these paper 😷 masks, 5 for $50.00 which I thought was highway robbery.

They were cheap looking made in China things and I’d imagine only be good for 1 wearing without getting grimy & dirty.

To me 👀 looked like a $.35 item not a $10.00 item.

Report them for price gouging, PLEASE!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

N95 face masks

Congrats!  Good for you!

What a great (positive) story in times of nothing but bad news. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

N95 face masks

I didn’t report them because I know nothing about the usual price these paper masks go for but I did take a pix of the Upper West Side Broadway Manhattan Store.

Tried 3x to post store pix but won’t upload it for whatever reason.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

N95 face masks

If every American could just do one small thing to help...........

Giving those masks was a great thing. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

N95 face masks

That's awesome! 

My sis is a Dr. in a Denver area hospital and she's already being asked to reuse gowns and masks.  The CDC has now recommended that hospital staff equip themselves with bandanas.  The hospital has downgraded their status from using the N95 masks to just cloth... specifically because they can't supply the N95 masks to the doctors.  It's an incredibly messed up situation.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply